Forum Changes

Extra, extra read all about it.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Forum Changes

Post by [JiF]Mike »

The forums are on a different host now, and Jimbo probably regrets telling me to do whatever I wanted. :D Here's a list of some of the recent changes, and a list of coming changes.

-Recent Changes-
  1. Shoutbox is back and better!
  2. Text Topic Hovering - Hover over a topic title and a box will popup with the first few lines from the topic
  3. Quick Editing - hit the Edit button on one of your post and the page will not reload. It will just allow you to edit your post.
  4. No more double posts - We've all done it for one reason or another. Now there is protection against it.
  5. Quick Reply - A box at the end of each topic will allow you to quickly reply to the topic.
  6. Auto DST - Daylight Savings time will be applied automatically. Be sure to visit your UCP and ensure you timezone is set correctly.
  7. New PM's Popup - When you get a new PM the forum will no longer open a brand new window. Instead it will popup in a new layer of your current browser window.
  8. RSS Smartfeed - RSS is back, so you can use it if you want to.
  9. Image Resizer - Images are automatically resized within posts. Click on the magnify icon in upper right to see full size.
  10. Points system - Earn points for posting, playing games and perhaps a few other things. Points are active but Arcade is not.
-To do-
  1. Arcade - Compete with other forum members for high scores. It's installed but needs a lot of work. No ETA of when it will be available, best guess...when it's done. :D
If some of these features aren't working for you try deleting your internet cache. If you use Firefox and can reload the forums by pressing "ctrl-f5" which forces the browser to refresh the files for the site in cache, grabbing any changed files you may not have.
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Re: Forum Changes

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

My thanks to Jimbo for hosting the forums for as long as I can remember (10-15 minutes). Thanks to Mike for agreeing to host the forums now. :)
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Re: Forum Changes

Post by [JiF][AARP]Jimbo »

Not sorry at all Mike, keep them coming and thanks for hosting.