My son: Meatboy was banned...

Use this forum to post questions about banning or general problems with any of the JiF servers. It will help if you can provide as much information as you can (i.e. server, player name, IP address, date/time, map, etc.)
Meatcicle
New User

My son: Meatboy was banned...

Post by Meatcicle »

Hey Guys,

My 9 year old son loves this game, but he gets a little over excited once in a while.
We recently tried to log onto you 1942 server to play together and he got the "banned" message.
He wasn't sure why. (Maybe he didnt want to tell me)
I've explained that no one will play with someone that disobeys server rules for very long.

Is it possible to get the ban lifted?

Thanks,

Meat
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Re: My son: Meatboy was banned...

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

I checked the logs and couldn't locate his name. It may have been just a 1-3 day ban and was automatically lifted. Try logging in again and see if it is lifted. If not, please provide the keyhash # and we can search that way.
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
Meatcicle
New User

Post by Meatcicle »

He's still banned. :(

His keyhash: 277729e0806251fa5797ec5187658cd1

Thanks for the effort.

Meat
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

'jimdabeast' banned by Lt Gav on Jan 10th for team killing after already being kicked. I'll post for Lt Gav's attention in our admin area.

Tissueman
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Hiya Meatcicle

I have read through this & we have agreed that we should lift the ban. It has been in place for a while & we generally will review bans if players come on to the forums & interact with us.
Before you let your son back on the server maybe you could sit with him & have a look through this set of threads viewforum.php?f=19 which will tell him what we are about here at JiF & what we expect of the people that play on the server.
Of course if an admin sees any repeat of disruptive play, then the ban would be reinstigated.
We do however hope that you & your son will enjoy many hours playing this great game together. We like to see ourselves as a family server, where it is a more friendly environment for younger people to come & play than may be found on some other servers.
Hopefully we will see you on together soon.
I am now off to remove the ban!

[JiF]Lt Gav :D