Battlefield 1943

A place to talk about Play Station Console games in general
[JiF]Bier
Forum User

Re: Battlefield 1943

Post by [JiF]Bier »

[JiF]zougathefist wrote:
[JiF]Bier wrote:Hamster & I will be getting the Battlefield 1943 for the Ps3 :viva:
Hey Bier post your PSN IDs
mine is
Zougathefist
d_jazz5 is Hamsters PSN I.D

bier-ziege is my PSN I.D

sorry Itook so long to reply :oops:
.ImageImage
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

No probs Bier, I suggest we all try to play this weekend for a while
perhaps Sat or Sun?
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Bier
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Bier »

Sounds good , let me know what time . saturday is good for me & also sunday after my family & I get back from Church . :cool:

--
Last edited by [JiF]Bier on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.ImageImage
[JiF]Hamster
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Hamster »

Zougathefist hope to see you on the battlefield again,also hope the squad thing works. ;)
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Yeah its a little clunky, I think that both people need to be not playing then one starts a game and invites the others to join, its weird
but GGs
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

How does the game compare to BF42?
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

We don't want to know la la la la la I'm not listening because I can't get this game for my PC la la la la & won't be able to for a while apparently la la la la. I'm going now before anyone says how good it is la la la la. I won't be following this topic any more. Good bye la la la la :lol:
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked wrote:How does the game compare to BF42?
Its pretty similar in some ways but totally mad.
I have yet to hone my flying skills, I want to perfect ground warfare first.
obviously playing on console is very differebt from PC but the recoil and feel of the weapons is a lot of fun, the destructible environment is great, a guy shoots at you from a hut, just whip out your zook and blast the wall to dust then lob a nade in and spay the area with bullets.
there are 3 classes

Rifleman
2 x nades
1 x semi-auto Rifle
3 x Rifle grenades
1 x Bayonet

Infantry/Assualt
2 x Nades
1x SMG (Jap gun is more accurate)
3 x Zook shells
1 x wrench

Sniper
1 x Scoped Rifle
1 x Pistol
3 x Expacks
1 x Bayonet (Jap has Samurai Sword!!)

you have unlimited ammo but the nades/zook/expacks will not reload till you use all three then it takes approx 10 seconds to reload (during which you usually die)

You also have unlimited health, it slowly recharges after you're hit

It is fairly difficult to adjust between the two games, last time I played 42 I kept trying to use my zook when playing as medic....
My main problem with the game is that your side/team is always the Blue team, so when you play as a Jap you get used to being on Blue, then the map switches and you are US but play as Blue again. It takes some getting used to
there are only three maps, Wake, Iwo and Guadalcanal you play each one twice, once as US once as Japs. Each map starts with teams on their carriers and both have to charge the island in landing craft or bail from planes, the AA guns are pretty deadly but not very accurate.
The Air raid as mentioned before is truely amazing and great for racking up high scores.
the bunker is only open every now and again and when you get in you are invulnerable to attack,
you start with 3 planes that approach the island and you have to choose where you are aiming pretty early as they are not very manourveable, you fly towards the point you wish to bomb and hope that enemy planes or AA do not a) spot you & b) shoot you down
when you get flakked the planes move around and you lose accuracy. but reach your terget with all 3 planes intact and then you can wipe out masses of enemy in one go, each plane drops about 6 or 8 bombs and you can destroy all the buildings and equipment at one base. I will try to get some images if I can to show you before and after an airraid (I know you want to see them Gav!!!)

All in all a good game but not one I will play forever, I would really like to see some european maps in it with British or Germans involved
-Nietzsche

-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Hamster
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Hamster »

the barrels are a good distraction.because people think that you are shooting the bazooka at them.a lot of really nice stuff and graphics on there.
[JiF]Bier
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Bier »

[JiF]Lt Gav wrote:We don't want to know la la la la la I'm not listening because I can't get this game for my PC la la la la & won't be able to for a while apparently la la la la. I'm going now before anyone says how good it is la la la la. I won't be following this topic any more. Good bye la la la la :lol:

Lol ;D
.ImageImage
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Well Gav la la la la we now have BG42 for our PC's la la la la so thanks for the update Zouga but I'll be playing BG42 on PC la la la la. :)
[JiF]Kyle
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Kyle »

[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked wrote:Well Gav la la la la we now have BG42 for our PC's la la la la so thanks for the update Zouga but I'll be playing BG42 on PC la la la la. :)
I agree, Shell. I've tried BF 43 on one of my friend's playstation lately. It was fun - but not worth dropping the "old" stuff in my opinion. ;)
"I divide the world into two kinds of people: those who like me - and those who can got to hell..."
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I'm not here la la la la la, but you're right on there Shell la la la la la
We're too busy playing BG42 now la la la la la with so many new maps (4 maps only to play on BF43 pffft) la la la la la.
We don't care any more la la la la la so there! :thumbup:
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

One final comment on this - la la la la la
[JiF]Bier
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Bier »

la la la la la la

LoL :lol: