Permanent Ban?

Use this forum to post questions about banning or general problems with any of the JiF servers. It will help if you can provide as much information as you can (i.e. server, player name, IP address, date/time, map, etc.)
reoguy2005
New User

Permanent Ban?

Post by reoguy2005 »

I've been logging on to the server for Battlefield for a while, but a couple weeks ago, I tried to log on and got a message something like "player has been previously permanently banned"....

Don't think this is the case, I get along with the admin and players; if someone can look into this?
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Re: Permanent Ban?

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

A little more info would help. I don't see a reoguy2005 on the ban list. What nick(s) have you used on our server?
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
reoguy2005
New User

Post by reoguy2005 »

Sorry, I log on as "Dale Gribble"
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

reoguy2005 wrote:Sorry, I log on as "Dale Gribble"
I don't see you on the ban list. There are three possibilities:
1. There was a ban that expired. See if you can log onto to the server now. If you can't what message are you getting?
2. If this doesn't work, the next question is can you log onto other BF42 servers. If the answer is yes, then we go to option three. If no, then it might be a PB problem and you'll have to deal with them to resolve it.
3. If you can log onto other servers, but not ours, then I have to pass this on to Mike. There is another ban level that we'll have to explore. I don't have access to it. In the meantime, if any admins remember banning a "Dale Gribble" then they'll post details here.

This whole process may take a few days, but we'll keep at it until we figure out what is going on. Thanks for your patience.

Tissue
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

It may be because Mike updated the PB ban list side of things in May. If this was the first time you have played since this was instigated it may be because you are recorded in the PBBans Master Player Index

[PBBans:16821 12.16.2004] 95733c40891ea967ccbe5ff9f365a63d "=BHO=Dale Gribble" "24.177.7.104" "GAMEHACK #81007"

I assume this was you?
I am only guessing at this being the answer, but as you are not listed in our ban log, it must be a PB ban.
reoguy2005
New User

Post by reoguy2005 »

I guess option 3 it is.....

I can log in to other servers and play, although there are also some that give me the same message. jeez, made me have to write it down and all :
"Punkbuster permanent ban issued on this Game Server for player "Dale Gribble"; prior kick/ban"

I haven't been able to play on jif server since I guess beginning of June.
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

reoguy2005 wrote:"Punkbuster permanent ban issued on this Game Server for player "Dale Gribble"; prior kick/ban"
This is a punkbuster ban and they are the ones that you'll have to talk to about getting it lifted. We recently discovered that our server wasn't enforcing PB bans properly so Mike fixed that. When he did that this ban was enforced. We can't pick and choose which PB bans to enforce. It is all or none. I'll check with Mike, but I'm pretty sure your only recourse is to work this with PB.

Tissue

EDIT: I just read Mike's post in the admin area and you will have to take this up with PB.
reoguy2005
New User

Post by reoguy2005 »

That''s what I was afraid you would say! I have a ticket in with Easy Balance on this, but it's been over a week, no response..... I'm guessing someone out there has a bootleg copy of the game with the same registration key. Thanks for checking....