Very Little Internet

Speaks for itself
[JiF]Beezer
Forum User

Very Little Internet

Post by [JiF]Beezer »

Soooo, I've made a move down to Cape Cod for the summer. (This is of no interest to any of you) But the problem
is that there is no internet in this technologically backwards house that I'm residing in. I'm currently writing this in a
remote corner of the house in an uncomfortable position where I get a variable wifi signal of "no signal" and "very low".
I've heard of wifi boosters or something along those lines but I wasn't sure if anyone knew if/how well they work and,
more importantly, if they're worth the money.

Thanks for you help guys,
Beez
Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play.
-Immanuel Kant

ImageImage
Graham Cracka
Forum User

Re: Very Little Internet

Post by Graham Cracka »

I'm not sure if the wifi boosters are similar to the cell phone boosters, but I have one and it works OK. My cell phone went from one bar to five bars. The only problem is that it only works within 20 feet of the booster. Don't know how relevant this is, but I thought i'd share my experience with it. Good luck. I feel your pain :sad:.
[JiF]Beezer
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Beezer »

haha thanks for that atleast I know that theres something along the lines of what I'm looking for.
We are in the struggle for better wifi together haha, the pain runs deep from deprivation!!
Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play.
-Immanuel Kant

ImageImage
[JiF]Sgt. hUTCHIE
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt. hUTCHIE »

Yes there are devices for this.

They work better if you are able to place in between the Wireless router and your laptop.

Here is one that gets a good write up over here:-

Belkin G Wireless Range Extender/Access Point
aprox $50
manufacturer code: F5D7132UK
Image Try a drop of the hard stuff....
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

How little is your internet?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRmxXp62O8g (this vid does not work in the UK)
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula