bad language

Use this forum to post questions about banning or general problems with any of the JiF servers. It will help if you can provide as much information as you can (i.e. server, player name, IP address, date/time, map, etc.)
HOGAN
New User

bad language

Post by HOGAN »

snowsurfer swearing on server tonight. He new there were no admin on and when i asked him to stop told me to stfu
His buddy rommel got in on it too. Thought u guys should know
Thanks HOGAN
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Re: bad language

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

HOGAN wrote:snowsurfer swearing on server tonight. He new there were no admin on and when i asked him to stop told me to stfu
Thanks HOGAN
Thanks for the heads up.
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

Thanks for the info, Hogan. It's not always possible to police the server around the clock, (admins need to sleep too :zzz: ) so feedback from our regulars is appreciated. In cases where admin are absent and abusive players present, I would suggest using the "ignore player" console command, so the offending players comments do not appear in chat:
chat.addToIgnoreList (user id) - hides a particular players chat messages
chat.ignoreList - hides all chat

I also recommend to post in the FEEDBACK section of the forum to report problems and issues that occur on the server.

WT
.::]MW[::.Snowsurfer
New User

Post by .::]MW[::.Snowsurfer »

HOGAN wrote:snowsurfer swearing on server tonight. He new there were no admin on and when i asked him to stop told me to stfu
Thanks HOGAN
Why is it people have to jack their jaws until I have to say STFU? I am there to play, not bicker with you. BTW, STFU is NOT swearing, it is LETTERS, as is BTW. HOLY KITTENS PALACE BATMAN!
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

.::]MW[::.Snowsurfer wrote: Why is it people have to jack their jaws until I have to say STFU? I am there to play, not bicker with you. BTW, STFU is NOT swearing, it is LETTERS, as is BTW. HOLY KITTENS PALACE BATMAN!
Everyone has a right to their opinion and on our server the right not to be abused by other players, No-one forces you to tell them to STFU, try playing the game and not getting involved in 'bickering'....
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

.::]MW[::.Snowsurfer
New User

Post by .::]MW[::.Snowsurfer »

[JiF]zougathefist wrote:
.::]MW[::.Snowsurfer wrote: Why is it people have to jack their jaws until I have to say STFU? I am there to play, not bicker with you. BTW, STFU is NOT swearing, it is LETTERS, as is BTW. HOLY KITTENS PALACE BATMAN!
Everyone has a right to their opinion and on our server the right not to be abused by other players, No-one forces you to tell them to STFU, try playing the game and not getting involved in 'bickering'....

Yeah OK, It gets old constantly being called a hacker because I am better then some, isnt that abuse towards me?
I guess I should be stronger than everyone else and when someone crosses me I should go tell on them like the children that have "told the man" on me?? BS! . I have a breaking point, it has been broken. I am already banned so this is a mute point.
Just an idea, you should have something in your rules about spam chatting which HOGAN does regularly. I never start an conflict,but I sure can finish them. Apparently those that had it out can't take the heat though.
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

come on even if people call u a hacker thats not bad it means ur way better then them, and btw i think ur just as good as most regular JiF and i dont see anyone calling us hackers, i dont even see people calling the Superpower JiF like hutchie and hoosier, hackers.
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

Players that come to play on the JiF server, do so because it is fun and they are mature gamers.
It is my belief that 90 % of the chat during the game is unnecessary.
I think the key to a good gaming strategy is to play more and chat less.

I have played Battlefield 1942 for many years and found out that finding a good server is like buying a good pair of shoes.
Just like you wouldn't force a shoe on your foot that is the wrong size, same thing goes for servers.
Don't force the shoe to fit you, find a shoe that fits.
What i'm trying to say is, some people have to keep shopping for a server that works for them.
It's not personal, it's a fact that we are all different in our own way.
[JiF]Daterminaytah
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Daterminaytah »

i guess its important to remember that all offensive chat gets looked at .so why bother feeding the fire ..practice what you preach 'so to speak' ... i dont just kick ban or ask for people to get kicked or banned i just remind them of thier "conduct=your behavior/demeanor" and thats usually where it ends ... and i also find that if you start off with a smart allec remarks chances are your feeding the fire ... try just saying the truth like .EXAMPLES.. cry less and play more.. i dont hack im just THAT good.... my ping is better than yours ... oh yeah you should see my wartrophy shields ... or hutchiezook techniques .. or daterminaytahs suicidegrenades :P ... above all remember we are here for fun not drama class
[JiF]55GaLLoNdrUm
Forum User

Post by [JiF]55GaLLoNdrUm »

[JiF]FrenchAfroman wrote:come on even if people call u a hacker thats not bad it means ur way better then them, and btw i think ur just as good as most regular JiF and i dont see anyone calling us hackers, i dont even see people calling the Superpower JiF like hutchie and hoosier, hackers.
Um...well...that's not entirely accurate Frenchy...I've been accused of hacking, cheating, and everything else under the sun...but regardless of accusations, you're right...there is no need for swearing or any retaliation at all when accused of such things. A better player should also be a better man...let the stuff slide...who's it hurting anyway? Sure, it gets old being accused sometimes, but it's not a big deal. I know I don't cheat, the other JiFFers know this too, so that's all that matters. Snow, you should see things the same way. As you obviously see, if you let those accusations get under your skin, you pay the price, not the accusers.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
--Ernest Hemingway