been laggy lately???

Let us know how things are working out or if you have any suggestions or complaints
[JiF]Daterminaytah
Forum User

been laggy lately???

Post by [JiF]Daterminaytah »

is it just me or has anyonelse gotten sever lag lately ... i think a caveman found a way to connect a rock to [JiF]'s battelfield1942 server and likes our server so much they stayed and bogged the rest of us down :/

or its just theres more unemployed at home useing the internet??
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

Re: been laggy lately???

Post by Lonewolf-McQuade »

Dude I've been waiting for someone else to bring this up! For the last week or more I've noticed significant spiking & lag between 4pm & about 8PM EST. Later on at night it seems to settle down. The other night it was so bad that people were complaining and disconnecting (I even switched servers for a bit.) Maybe someone on the same network as our beloved server is DLing HD movies on i-tunes or something?!? :lol:
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

[JiF]Lonewolf-McQuade wrote:Maybe someone on the same network as our beloved server is DLing HD movies on i-tunes or something?!? :lol:
yeah thats what they are downloading...
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

:lol: zouga i didnt want to say it :lol:
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

Yes, have noticed it during the day too.
I usually never have any lag, but lately it has been happening.
[JiF]Daterminaytah
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Daterminaytah »

[JiF]Brick wrote:Yes, have noticed it during the day too.
I usually never have any lag, but lately it has been happening.

same here brick ... thats why i posted :)

hope to see you soon on bf1942
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I joined at midnightish BST (GMT +1) last night & my ping was running at over 300. I noticed other players getting kicked for high ping rates. It did calm down as time went on until by about 3 am when I was back to my normal 120 - 130 range.
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

That's when Mike download schedule ends :razz:

:mrgreen: ;D :mrgreen:
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Mike PMed me and I took a look at the usage. Does not seem to be a problem with usage at all.
That does not mean I don't have an issue with my ISP, but it does not seem to be a network usage issue.

Server Router Interface

Wan Router Interface

Oh and HI ALL :hug:
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Since the connection has been ruled out I can take a look at the server itself. Might take a few days though. :)
ImageImage
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

Post by Lonewolf-McQuade »

I don't think 'lag' is the best word for it.. it's more like 'spiking.' Lag is similar but more consistent. This is almost like there's a bursting issue. Is the service on something like a multilinked or IMA type circuit? It could be characteristic of a processor in a device being over-taxed. It would be more consistent with the symptoms since usage looks to be ok. Server processor could do it too, but I'm guessing that would've shown itself at this point?!
[JiF]Tamedgloryson
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Tamedgloryson »

sometimes i do
[JiF]lini
Forum User

Post by [JiF]lini »

Another reason could be WLAN users. And I generally have the impression that as soon as there is one player with a ping > 160 ms on, it get's slightly laggy - and when there are more or the ping times grow over 200 ms, the lag seems to propagate and spiking sets in: If you watch ping times then, these usually fluctuate pretty wildly from as low as 20 ms to usually a little over 200 ms (but also higher, if it get's really bad - lately I've sometimes seen ping times up to 500 - 700 ms...). And from my side the worst timeframe seems to be from early evening to a good while after midnight (local time), so that would be from around noonish to about 7 or 8 PM EST (I guess... ;))...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini