Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

BattleField 1942 Easter Eggs

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

Hey,

Since easters coming up heres a few Easter Eggs in the game:

1. Market Garden

Enter the church. On one side inside the church there's a large marble statue of Jesus, on the opposite side there's a door. Walk through the door and you should see three stained glass windows (By the First Aid Cabinet).

If you look at the largest of them (the one in the middle) you should see a picture of Jesus but right behind him on his left side (your right) there's a little green man standing under his arm.

2. Battle for Salerno

Stand next to the water tank at the SW (Axis) base and you can hear a man inside the water tank, shouting in Swedish "I can hear you out there, help me..., I'm running out of air..." and banging with a wrench.

3. Operation Baytown

The map has been signed. In the south-eastern corner of A8, at the very edge of the map, there are two small islands in the shape of someone's initials (NS, probably for Niclas Svensson). This doesn't appear on the mini-map or anywhere else, you can only see it when flying there or when looking down at it from the top of the cliffs (i.e. from B8 looking west).

.oO Cowhide Oo.
Last edited by [JiF]CowHide on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Re: BattleField 1942 Easter Eggs

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

what about the invisible village on El Alamein
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Am I doing something wrong when I play this game?
I obviously don't take the time to enjoy my surroundings & admire the architecture amongst all the shells, bullets & bombs falling.
To that end I am going to try & see the bird that sings in the tree at the Eagle's Nest behind where the tanks spawn. It's such a lovely view from up there. :hah:
You know what though I'm going to have to load the game up just to go & have a look at these. Thx Cowhide.
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

no wonder zouga finds invisible villages, after laying around and sniping for hours in the sun he's all desidrated(i hope i spelled it write but i m sure not) and sees a hole bunch of stuff appear infront of him.

@cowhide:put ur camera back in ur back pack take of ur tourist flower short, get ur camop and start :shoot: :lol:
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

That little green man in the Church, I thought it was Zouga hiding.
No wonder it didn't respond to my knife :hihi:
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

hah, the green man is just jealous of my hiding skillz
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Tamedgloryson
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Tamedgloryson »

lol
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

I always thought that green man was MiniRambo waiting with his zook.
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

.oO Cowhide Oo. wrote: 2. Battle for Salerno

Stand next to the water tank at the SW (Axis) base and you can hear a man inside the water tank, shouting in Swedish "I can hear you out there, help me..., I'm running out of air..." and banging with a wrench.
For those of you too lazy to boot your game up to go listen to the voices, check this out, I whipped it up in about 10 minutes. These are the voices coming from within the depths of the water tank:
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

That swedish voice is not random. Dice, the creator of the game, is swedish! But where the heck is the invisible village at el almein?

-- Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:36 pm --

Btw, i found an easter egg thats on all the plane map! Fly REALLY high up in the air. (Mustang recommed) then bail out WITHOUT FOLDING THE PARACHUTE! Then you fall. The man will cry, then shortly after he will...fart! Or he just sh1t in hes pants! (Sorry for using that word.)

-- Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:09 am --

OK, i have seen the "Invisible village on El Alamein! by seing on your cordinates, Zougathefist(it was outside the map but on the 8 sector and that mountain looks familiar)
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

Gnome-father wrote: OK, i have seen the "Invisible village on El Alamein! by seing on your cordinates, Zougathefist(it was outside the map but on the 8 sector and that mountain looks familiar)

In fact, every map has it's "invisible village".
All maps are round, like the earth and if you travel along a straight line for long enough, you will return to the place you started. At the halfway point the map is mirrored, but the "man-made" objects, such as buildings and structures are missing, leaving only the outlines and shadows of where they should be.
The "dark side of the map" falls into the redzone and no-one lives long enough to travel all the way through.
When the free look camera is activated, one can travel around the map at will.
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

Ooook, i should try to ask the admin to make a server that has the freecam thing enabled. Or i can use the V3, goblin or natter to fly really long. Or i can just get that BFSM tool to make my own server with freecam enabled. Do you know how i can get it?

-- Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:47 pm --

Wow, you re right trophy! Now i finally can see inside those closed buildings too, hoping for seeing a pretty woman have a bath!