Banned???

Use this forum to post questions about banning or general problems with any of the JiF servers. It will help if you can provide as much information as you can (i.e. server, player name, IP address, date/time, map, etc.)
Graham Cracka
Forum User

Banned???

Post by Graham Cracka »

Hey I was playing and got kicked for "losing key packets". It's happened before and I just reconnected again. Today I tried to reconnect and it said I was "banned from the server" :cry: . Can anyone explain this?
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Re: Banned???

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

The server will autoban for 3 kicks. But I don't see you on the ban list so you should be okay.
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

Post by Lonewolf-McQuade »

I've been getting that a lot more lately as well.. losing key packets! I noticed that it tends to happen in the afternoons EST. Another symptom is that my ping seems to fluctuate before I get the boot. Like Kelly said the server will temp ban on 3 kicks so don't stress. If it happens again and you need immediate help and noone's in game.. drop a note in the shoutbox on our site too :) That way when someone logs in they'll see it right off and give you a hand!
Graham Cracka
Forum User

Post by Graham Cracka »

Thank's for the replys guys. I just tried again this morning to get on, but the server said I was still banned. Is this a 24 hr ban? Also I don't recall being kicked more than the one time for "losing packets". So I don't get why it would ban on my first attempt the reconnect. I guess stranger things have happened. Hope I can get back playing soon. Glad to hear it was not an "admin gone wild" that got me banned :lol: .
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

when i saw ur post i was like no way cracka got banned, so glad to see it was only a key packet thing. One of the senior admin will have to look into that cause for us normal admins u dont show up in the banned list as lonewolf siad
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Does this happen on all BF42 servers or just the JiF one? If you still can't get on let us know. Tell us the exact message you see when it says you are banned. If you can get a screen shot that would be good.
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I found 2 cd key hashes listed under your name on one of the tracking sites. Neither of them are in the ban list. Can you give us your key hash so we can verify you aren't in the list? I forget how to get the info. I think if you open the console and type some command it will give it to you. I can look it up if you need me to and post instructions. Just let me know. :)
ImageImage
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

Post by Lonewolf-McQuade »

To find your keyhash
Go to http://www.battlefieldplayers.com/index.php and use the search on your name.

To find your PB GUID
Join a PB enabled server, hit the tilde key [~] to bring down the console and type in pb_myguid.
Write down that number.

To find your IP address
Go to http://www.whatismyipaddress.com

My old info post from the 'JiF Banned' thread
Graham Cracka
Forum User

Post by Graham Cracka »

Hey guys, I'm still banned. Everything seems fine on other servers as far as I can tell. My CD KeyHash is 30849a4de26d94a31f6eccd162e54862 and my pb_myguid is e27e10faf124b39c46d947dec4ea9f3a. Please help me. I'm jonesin' real bad for some jiff BF1942 :lol:
Attachments
Here is a screen shot
Here is a screen shot
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Can you try connecting to the training server? I wanna play with some settings and see what's going on, I cannot find where you are listed as banned. :oops:
ImageImage
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

i lookd around on the internet and punkbuster can ban u it self but if so then i think u would be banned for all punkbuster enabled games so i has to be something else. i will keep on looking for some help from my great friends "google" and "youtube"
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Graham Cracka
Forum User

Post by Graham Cracka »

I tried the training server this morning, but I dont have the Easter Island map. Where do I find that? I downloaded one from CNET, but I'm not sure if it is the right one or if its not in the correct folder (getting map not found). Thanks for the link Sgt.Shellshocked. It may be my virus scan that caused the original problem of losing packets. I often forget to turn it off before playing. I still don't understand why everything is OK on other PB servers. This really sucks because I really don't like playing on other servers with all the idiots. :?
Graham Cracka
Forum User

Post by Graham Cracka »

OK, I got on the training server. I got kicked after 5 min for losing key packets (virus scan was running). So, if it was PB that banned me, is there a work around? I tried the potluck server again, but I'm still banned. Let this be a warning to everyone who is losing key packets, turn off your virus scan.
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

http://jiff.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2592

Training maps are here.

Long shots:
What is your IP? We do have a couple of IP bans.
Try changing your name and see if you can get on.

I have no idea about PB.

Tissue
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.