JiF Clan Movie 2009

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Re: JiF Clan Movie 2009

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

Cesar wrote:Can some of you write down the songs for me? I think the first song is something from Dire Straits.
The music credits are listed at the end of the video.
[JiF]Mike wrote: How long did it take to get all the footage?
We held 4 official sessions on consecutive Friday nights, each lasting about 6 hours (with all the crew attending) and probably about 5 or 6 impromptu sessions with various individuals at random times over that month. So probably about 30 -35 hours in total.
We collected 70 - 80 gigabytes of material, which had to be sorted and filtered down to about 2gb's of useful footage.
[JiF]55GaLLoNdrUm wrote:Brilliant! Spectacular! Fantastic! The only problem I have with it is...why wasn't I asked to be a stuntman???
Obviously we couldn't hi-jack the JiF server for the amount of time needed, and also access was needed to a server manager for server-side modding, so I had to use my own computer as a server, which limited the number of people we could use due to limited bandwidth.
[JiF]Djsmg wrote:Great job, looks like you had a blast making it
Man, seeing that B17 launch itself vertically into the air for the first time, by dropping it's own payload - well that just cracked us up!
[JiF]Mike wrote:Yeah...youtube sux. I will personally never use them again...way too commercialized now.
We originally hosted the video on Youtube, but they disabled the soundtrack because of a dispute they have with Warner Music Group.
So we decided to host it on Vimeo, where WMG still honours Fair Usage Rights. Jimbo kindly allowed us to post the Vimeo video here in the forum.
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Post by [JiF][AARP]Jimbo »

Anything with that much time and effort needs to be a sticky.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

[JiF]Mike wrote:Yeah...youtube sux. I will personally never use them again...way too commercialized now.
We originally hosted the video on Youtube, but they disabled the soundtrack because of a dispute they have with Warner Music Group.
So we decided to host it on Vimeo, where WMG still honours Fair Usage Rights. Jimbo kindly allowed us to post the Vimeo video here in the forum.[/quote]

Yeah I posted a few videos a couple years ago on YouTube, they each had over 10,000 views and a few months ago they decided the songs were in violation of copyright and disabled my videos. I filed a dispute but never heard anything back...youtube is more like yousux now. I understand the whole copyright issue but why provide a means to dispute if it'll never be looked at? I may have to post those videos on Vimeo now....I think I still have em somewhere. lol
ImageImage
[JiF]Blind Trooper
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Blind Trooper »

Wowza, guys! Utterly amazing movie and whatnot! Congrats for all the hardwork :D

So the next one will be 2015? I'll be there :)
"We are about to witness the inverse relationship between the number of answers you give me and the number of times I stab you." ~BM

Badenhal
New User

Post by Badenhal »

clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap Really funny and well chosen music : I liked it very very much. Which map is the second which appears on the video?
[JiF]Kyle
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Kyle »

Badenhal wrote:Which map is the second which appears on the video?
It's Dambuster, one of the custom maps. Slightly modified of course... ;)
"I divide the world into two kinds of people: those who like me - and those who can got to hell..."
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Kyle wrote:
Badenhal wrote:Which map is the second which appears on the video?
It's Dambuster, one of the custom maps. Slightly modified of course... ;)
The modded stuff was one of the best bits about this. Working out what you could blow with expacks without it actually getting damaged but sending it in the air.
Placement of packs was key & took a few tries to get certain things moving in the right direction.
My praise goes to War Trophy for his patience whilst I goofed around, hosting it, editing it (from a hell of a lot of stuff) & finally putting it all to some complimentary music.
Do you think it could go in the oscars next year for short films Umm best foreign language film , I could be up for best supporting actor :lol:
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

Way to go!
Awesome!
[JiF]SHUCKEROW
Forum User

Post by [JiF]SHUCKEROW »

hey i want to load my old video when i was playing around what do i do
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

[JiF]SHUCKEROW wrote:hey i want to load my old video when i was playing around what do i do
Send a PM to Jimbo or Mike
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
geospart
New User

Post by geospart »

Love the new vid, wish I was around for the filming so to speak, would have loved to have been my usual victim self. The old one is cool too but the new one is way better.
"I Drank What???" - The Last Words Of Socrates
doggreen
New User

Post by doggreen »

I liked the clan movie but can you tell me how can I join the server cuz some times it say map not found
[JiF]Blind Trooper
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Blind Trooper »

Hey doggreen,

On Mondays, we have Custom Map Mondays. That's probably why. If you'd like the maps we use, go here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1880

Just install the maps and you're good to go :)

See ya on the battlefield!
"We are about to witness the inverse relationship between the number of answers you give me and the number of times I stab you." ~BM

[JiF]Tamedgloryson
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Tamedgloryson »

good job guys fantastic
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

Good news! I found a way around the Youtube issue and have successfully uploaded it, with the soundtrack slightly processed :twisted: It should get a lot of exposure on Youtube and hopefully get people curious about JiF. If any of you JiF'rs or regulars have JiF server videos posted on youtube or have accounts there, then check out my profile here: http://www.youtube.com/user/JiFWarTrophy which I'm using to connect everybodys videos by linking and favouriting them on one profile. There are already 4 or 5 JiF videos to be seen from a few different people, including a new one I made called Ghosts of Salerno, inspired by Cowhides easter egg post.
Or I'm happy to upload your videos to the profile itself, as long as they're relevant to JiF in some way, give me a shout if you have anything.

This is the YouTube edition, with the modified soundtrack. Hear the difference?