Joystick to fly planes on Battlefield 1942

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
Shalghar
Forum User

Re: Joystick to fly planes on Battlefield 1942

Post by Shalghar »

Does anyone still remember "quickshot"?
Some manufacturer of very cheap and freaky C64/Amiga/Atari Joystick stuff that also came up with some foot pedals.

Combine this with a standard 3 axis/4 button joystick and some freely programmable external keypad (i added some all too familiar 9 pin d-sub socket there 8) ) and there´s my config.

Stick with throttle for fly and two pedals for rudder.

Only to my dismay, most players i encounter still fly better with mouse and keyboard. Unless i am good enough to beat at least some of them, i will not invest more into Top Gun hardware. ;)

Well at least that keypad lets me use all old C64 and Megadrive Sticks and pads for nice retrogames like Bruce lee or Nemesis. ;)
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

Hey, isn't a joystick something lonely ladies use ?

Ah you bunch of pervert !
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

maybe in canada its :lol: but thats another kind of Joy Stick :lol:
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
Ron
New User

Post by Ron »

"what we have here, is failure to communicate, some men you just cant reach, so you get what we had here last week, wich is the way he wants it, well he gets it ,and i dont like it" :lol: :twisted:
Phillip Tatalia
New User

Post by Phillip Tatalia »

Hi again gents, we are gonna be DFing saturday on the BFA Pilot's Heaven server IP: 94.75.238.159 Port: 14567. If u guys want some practice time that's the place u wanna be, BFA are a group of very good pilots. So let's put those new joy's to the test, while at the same time having some fun. Hope u guys can make it, u should take the opportunity to check out guys who do nothing else but fly in BF1942. I have learned a great deal flying against these gents. Hope 2 see u there, until then...........................

Peace & B Wild

{LGC} Phillip Tatalia
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

just by playing against 2 of the lgc i got shoot down 20 times and didnt have a kill :( just felt like my crew forgot to install my radar. the lgc guys would just appear shoot once and kill me.

the problem for me is mainly my ping when i play on some europan server with a ping of less than 50 its just like playing in singlemode against bots, u shoot just a lill above enemy engine and he explodes but on the jif server with my 150 ping i have to shoot like half my screen infront of the enemy :D and that sucks :lol: for me
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
Phillip Tatalia
New User

Yeah I hear ya, I started playing BF on a dogfight server with a 135 ping and continued to game on it for a year and a 1/2. Ur ping to lead ratio will change on any server u go on, It happens to all of us. We consider that another thing to practice, we are at the point of quickly checking the ping to lead ratio and adapting accordingly.

Anyway if u can't make it on saturday it's cool, maybe we can start up some DF practice days. We wouldn't mind setting some time aside to practice with u gents. Let me know if ur interested. ;-)
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

ill try to stop by saturday, but i dont think we like to have real practise times. as our tag says we play just in fun. but we i see u guys are playing ill drop by and get shoot a couple times :lol:
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

Phillip,

When do you guys play on your Sniper server, I feel compelled to come along and provide some pro-bono skull surgery

ZtF
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

Phillip Tatalia
New User

We normally game on the sniper server at night around 7:00 or 8:00 ish, we have been working on modding all of the maps in the rotation because players keep capping flags, spawning in with a machine gun, grabbing tanks, planes, halftracks, and I even seen 1 player in a flying saucer. Don't ask me how he managed to get his hands on that LOL, but I guess when a player comes into a server that's named sniper wars, a machine gun comes to mind ;-).

We are on our vent most of the time when we're gaming so feel free to stop in buds, IP: cadmium.typefrag.com PORT: 53540
If we're not on any of our servers than sometimes we're just hanging on vent shooting the crapola.

As far as for the DF practice, well we can still have fun while practicing da skills buds, but it is helpful for a pilot to learn even in death cam. When I started flying I used to stay in death cam while 2 good pilots where DFing and learned a lot from it. I think it would help u guys out a great deal, I would just have to invite 2 great pilots to our server in order for this to work ;-) Hope we see u on saturday, we're gonna be on the BFA server at around 12:00 noon EST (New York Time).

Peace & B Wild
Phil Tata
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

I have a good one home, at my desk. Its microsoft with feedback. I will list up some links, for those who stumble over this tread, when i know the name.

-- Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:32 pm --

Ok, i know the price, but forgot the name. The price was 9,5 $!
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

I got a Logitech 3d pro and recommend it :)

Like corn said a TWIST stick(to control the rudder) is mandatory with a joystick, don't even bother on non-twist sticks.

Gib
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

Yes, i know. The joystick i use is some years old. And old joysticks often is used to be cheap. But sometimes the joystick only have 4 buttons, or have bad quality.