swearing

Use this forum to post questions about banning or general problems with any of the JiF servers. It will help if you can provide as much information as you can (i.e. server, player name, IP address, date/time, map, etc.)
guron
New User

swearing

Post by guron »

Having a problem yesterday with the adm about he accusing me for swearing. I was tked twice, by accident I believe so np. The first time I answered the tkiller np as usual. The second time after his excuse I said "Blah Happens". That was obviously ment as a np remark and not a swear. I did not think that Blah was a swear world in the english language maybe bad taste. I must say that sometimes adm overreact and have a not so polite atitude. This is a pity since your server often are populated with a lot of good and onnest players. My explanation to the adm during the game resulted in nasty remarks and as I thougt threats to be kicked, even if it was not spelled out. Please be clear what you do not tolerate and if an adm do make a mistake, a sorry would be fine,
Guron
guron
New User

Re: swearing

Post by guron »

The adm was Zouga the fistI believe. In my post my so called swear word is changed to blah. reson unknowened.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

Is Blah what you actually said or was it SH%T?
Did you back talk the Admin or say something like "whatever"?

Looks like it wasn't permanent, I noticed you were on there today. :D
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

11/25/2008 22:44:22 : # [Global] guron: Blah happens <<<(Sh*t auto changed to blah)>>>
11/25/2008 22:44:38 : # [Global] [JiF]ZougaTheFist: guron Do Not SWEAR pls
11/25/2008 22:44:56 : # [Global] guron: that was not swear
REMOVED!
11/25/2008 22:45:35 : # [Global] [JiF]ZougaTheFist: don't argue, Don't Swear!
REMOVED!
REMOVED!
REMOVED!
11/25/2008 22:49:51 : # [Global] guron: not arguing but right to defend myself if accused wrongly
11/25/2008 22:50:51 : # [Global] [JiF]ZougaTheFist: I have it in the Log Guron, you typed a swear word
REMOVED!
11/25/2008 22:51:21 : # [Global] guron: lets discuss it inthe forum sometimes period
REMOVED!
11/25/2008 22:52:02 : # [Global] [JiF]ZougaTheFist: Guron you are skating on thin ice, accept that you made
11/25/2008 22:52:11 : # [Global] [JiF]ZougaTheFist: a mistake and move on!

Need I say more?
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

guron
New User

Post by guron »

You do and thank you for repling with the log file showing that the question is if the word s h .. t is a swearword or not (and that the remark from you was unnecessary). You yourself used the word damm (tonight) if I am not totaly wrong which you state is not a swear word. According to my books the word you meant clearly is. Beeing a literate person according to your quotes I am sure you know that. I am aware that you can not win against the judges (or the press by the way) but I still think this kind of remark is on the no tolerant side. I will not coment this any further during gameplay.

Guron
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

as far as I am concerned the matter is closed,
sh*t is unacceptable
dammit (the word I used) is acceptable

Z
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula