banned why?

Use this forum to post questions about banning or general problems with any of the JiF servers. It will help if you can provide as much information as you can (i.e. server, player name, IP address, date/time, map, etc.)
guron
New User

banned why?

Post by guron »

This is my first time writing here so I hope it works. I would like to have an explanation why I was kicked yesterday. When it happened I was inactive just waiting and so far as I know nothing fishy happened before. I got banned by Lonewolf once before after an argument but that should be history not saying who was right or wrong that time. It is irritating beeing banned when you don't know why and my opinion is that it is better to kick allowing a player to come back and ask whats the problem. I hope that you Lonewolf do not have someting peronal against me which I don't think?
Guron "a happy amateur"
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

Re: banned why?

Post by Lonewolf-McQuade »

Guron,

I'm glad that you posted here. Yesterday we had a problem with a visitor abusing the map vote feature. It got to the point where it was seriously disruptive to the gameplay on the server and I had to make the decision to remove visitors from the server so that our regulars could enjoy playing. I was not happy to have to make this choice! Your removal was temporary, and the temp ban is now removed. I am sorry for the inconvenience that it has cause you. Please also make a point to avoid using the map vote feature unless there are no administrators with the [JiF] name in the game. :)

As for our issue in the past, I remember that it happened, but don't even remember why. You are welcome to play here as long as you are a fair, polite, and fun player :) You always have the ability to come to our forums and ask questions too. Sorry for the trouble, thanks for posting and see you on the server!
guron
New User

Re: banned why?

Post by guron »

Ok fine with me. Also think this voting sometimes can be irritating. As beeing a fair player I think I normally are even if not top ranked. I have been playing for a number of years so I think I recognize unfair gamebehavior. Everything resolved with me and see you soon.
Guron