Unban me plz

Use this forum to post questions about banning or general problems with any of the JiF servers. It will help if you can provide as much information as you can (i.e. server, player name, IP address, date/time, map, etc.)
Capt. Weasel
New User

Unban me plz

Post by Capt. Weasel »

Hi all.

I just got banned from the Jif Potluck server. Could someone unban me, please?

I was banned for using the name "Player"...the admin was warning me to change my name, but I ignored him because I didn't think he was talking to ME! I never use "Player", but I had just reinstalled the game last night, and forgot all about the name settings.

Thanx.

Capt. Weasel
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Re: Unban me plz

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Capt. Weasel wrote:Hi all.

I was banned for using the name "Player"...the admin was warning me to change my name, but I ignored him because I didn't think he was talking to ME! I never use "Player", but I had just reinstalled the game last night, and forgot all about the name settings.

Thanx.

Capt. Weasel
I didn't see any new bans with the name "player" or any other name on it for that matter. The server used to be set up to auto kick the name 'player'. I'm not sure if it still does. See if you can join the server with your regular nickname. If that doesn't work, let me know what message you see when you try to join. I'm raking leaves today, but will be checking back here every so often when I take a break.

Tissueman
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
Capt. Weasel
New User

Post by Capt. Weasel »

The the error box message says:

Banned from server

The server ip is 192.12.119.204:14567
Just so we're talking about the same server.
The ban occured around noon from the Invasion of the Phillippines map.
Capt. Weasel
New User

Post by Capt. Weasel »

Plus, a ban for using the DEFAULT name? I think that's a little harsh. It wasn't something vulgar or offensive. I think a kick would have been more appropriate to get someone's attention.
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Capt. Weasel wrote:Plus, a ban for using the DEFAULT name? I think that's a little harsh. It wasn't something vulgar or offensive. I think a kick would have been more appropriate to get someone's attention.
You weren't banned for the name. You were banned for ingnoring an admin request. You were banned for a day. I lifted the ban because you came here and explained the situation. Sorry I missed it the first time I looked. Enjoy the server.

Tissue
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
Capt. Weasel
New User

Post by Capt. Weasel »

Thank you, sir!
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

Capt. Weasel wrote:Hi all.

Thanx.

Capt. Weasel
I typed the message in chat you are alluding to. I was simply letting you know that most bf1942 servers autokick for using the default "player" name. This is something I learned the hard way when I first started playing. It was not a warning but rather a simply courtesy to save you the same aggravation I felt during that learning process. I believe I left the server before your ban occurred so I can’t comment on why it happened.

Generally speaking I don’t ban without valid cause since it is a lot less fun to ban a guy then it is to fight against one. :wink:
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
Capt. Weasel
New User

Post by Capt. Weasel »

Yeah...I wasn't even paying attention. I was just laughing at the poor guy named "PLAYER" who was about to get booted!

...didn't even think that it was me.

Lolz!

Thanks, tho.

Capt. Weasel