Forgiving TK issues

Let us know how things are working out or if you have any suggestions or complaints
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Forgiving TK issues

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

On a quiet Monday on the BF42 server, Mini and I were practicing some ethically dubious methods of killing each other, utilizing the wings of aircraft, but for convenient respawning reasons, we were on the same team, obviously with the result that we were going into minus scores for TK'ing each other.
To counter this we tried entering the forgive command: ftk in the console. This had absolutely no effect though and we went into minus figures.
As far as I know, the JiF server is set to forgive mode, so it should work. I'm sure that ftk is the right command that needs to be entered into the console, because the command is confirmed with "game.TKForgive" after entering it, but it has no effect on the scores.
A glitch in the matrix? Or am I doing something wrong?
Last edited by [JiF]War Trophy on Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Re: Forgiving TK issues

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

you still lose points with ftk, but on some servers you get auto kicked within 7-10 secs if you do not enter it in console in time.
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

Wow, 7 - 10 seconds! That's quite draconian. Lol, on somedays, and with some players you'd need to employ a secretary just to do all the typing! :lol:
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

Post by Lonewolf-McQuade »

I thought all that does is keep you from being punished with a longer spawntime? TKpunish just adds to spawntime.
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

[JiF]Lonewolf-McQuade wrote:I thought all that does is keep you from being punished with a longer spawntime? TKpunish just adds to spawntime.
Exactly, you'll still get the minuses added. A way to counter that is to access the RM and uncheck 'Kick for minus score' while you're goofing around. Just remember to re-check it after the frolicking.