Is Lonewolfe a spoiled little kid?

Use this forum to post questions about banning or general problems with any of the JiF servers. It will help if you can provide as much information as you can (i.e. server, player name, IP address, date/time, map, etc.)
Repeat Offender
Repeat Visitor

Is Lonewolfe a spoiled little kid?

Post by Repeat Offender »

You know, I've been playing on your BF1942 server for quite some time now and rarely post in your forum. I feel the need to post this time because I was banned... not kicked but banned because I beat Lonewolfe to an airplane! Of all the reasons to ban someone... over an airplane.
There are many other servers out there, which is where I'll be playing I guess, but I just wanted everyone to know why I was banned. Not for teamkilling or swearing or any other childish behaviour, but because I won the footrace for an airplane. Great reason! If this is how this server is going to be run, I'll be quite happy to play elsewhere.
So, my question stands. Is Lonewolfe a spoiled 10 year old or not? If not, he should stop acting that way!
Thanks to all the other JIFFers that I've played against. The rest of you were a good bunch.
Cya
Common sence is not that common!
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

Re: Is Lonewolfe a spoiled little kid?

Post by Lonewolf-McQuade »

Repeat Offender,

We have a thread for ban related issues. Since you are an experienced player and forum member I would assume you already know that, however here is the link: Been Banned Or Having A Problem On Our Servers? You are perfectly welcome to challenge the 1 day ban that I set for you, and you can do so by posting there.

Aside from the insulting title of your post, the description of why you were banned is both inaccurate and disingenuous. I try to encourage good sportsmanship, fun, and courteous play. Something that appeared to have eluded you as you spawned several times and ran over to snatch a vehicle that you saw I was clearly waiting for. I am no more entitled to vehicles than any other player, but for the fact that I had been standing there clearly intent on getting it when it spawned. I was out in the wide-open by the spawn & there was no 'foot race' involved. You spawned long after I, and ganked the vehicle that I was obviously waiting for. When I voiced frustration with your behavior, you chose not to respond. Later you re-spawned and did it once again, laughing about it in the logged server chat. This behavior is both immature and unwelcome at JiF. I don't know about the other servers that you are 'quite happy to play' on, but around here, we're courteous team players. The admins on other servers that I play would have perm-banned you without a second thought just for the taunt, but that is also not how we operate here. Perhaps you will keep that in mind instead of taunting people and acting up in the future. Your 1 day ban expires tomorrow, and you are quite welcome to return.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I moved this topic to the appropriate forum.

[JiF]Lonewolf-McQuade is not one to overreact. I trust his judgment in this matter.
ImageImage
[JiF]Flying Tiger

Post by [JiF]Flying Tiger »

To answer your question, NO! He's not.

If anything "especially given your tone" you should be very grateful that it was with Wolf that you had dealt with, because he's very lenient compared to some of us, and somehow I can't believe he would be so unfair as to ban you for 1 day without just cause.

Just chalk it up to a lesson learned a forget about it, because while there may be plenty of other servers out there, you won't find any better than here.

Hope to see ya out there soon!

FT
Repeat Offender
Repeat Visitor

For the record, I recall the process of events quite differently. Perhaps I did type "lol" into the chat but there were more than you and I waiting for that plane. Kind of childish, don't you think? Regardless, the server belongs to JIF and if this is how you treat guests at your house I will be more than happy to play elsewhere. You can take me of the banlist or not... I don't care. I'm quite surprised I've been treated this way but what the hell, it's only an internet game anyways.
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

I wrote down very clearly what I saw as it unfolded. Your attitude on the server was not at the level of maturity and consideration that I would expect from a regular such as yourself. The tone of your ban post further solidifies that observation. However disappointed you may feel, I'm certain that is similar to how I felt about the behavior that I saw coming from a known regular at JiF. The temp ban was set for 1 day and has automatically expired. At this point, I understand your frustration with me, and you understand my frustration with you. If you are willing to be a part of our environment here and move forward you are welcome to return and play with no strings attached, aside from the expectation of being a good player and a good sport which I believe you have been in the past. The term 'good player' means more than just game stats for us, it's a description of character. We value 'good players' here and if you value that too, then you will always be welcome here. If you don't share that value then we are probably not the server for you. At this point the choice is yours, I hope to see you around.
[JiF]Alfred Neumann
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Alfred Neumann »

Hello.

I think: No!

And i think more Repeat Offender, that you go the right way that you write your perception here. If i saw you both next (and i hope that !!!) accept my good wishes that 1 of you is red and the other 1 is blue. Than both of you can give all answers at the field.

(Maybe i can make some screenshots .... he he)

I don´t hear something about that a soccer referee take a yellow or red card back. If he put it out to the player - he get it. Point. And after the game they make a "shake hands" and the live goes on.

Alfred
Sometimes you lose and sometimes win the others
[JiF]WinkyDeathKill
Forum User

Post by [JiF]WinkyDeathKill »

Hey Repeat-

Maybe it’s your name that is secretly causing some behavior that takes you over like the invasion of the body snatchers when you do it or something.

There is another term for Repeat Offender:

Recidivism

“The tendency to relapse into a previous undesirable type of behavior, especially crime”

So it may go something like this-

You were minding your own business. Just sitting there waiting for a ride like a thousand times before. Then, suddenly, you black out......
Suddenly you stare blankly at the PC screen while your alter ego "Recidivism" takes over. Seeing a great opportunity for mischief and crime in the untold vastness of internet space, it guides your hand to the mouse and you proceed to the nearest vehicle and speed away, laughing as you look back in your rear view mirror at Wolf who stands there shaking his fists at you.
Meanwhile, in the chat box, Wolf asks for clarification on this tunnel-vision swiping of a vehicle he was waiting for.
You, in the midst of a force more powerful than yourself, cannot respond to chat and continue on your merry and oblivious way. Thinking you are munching on a cheeseburger while in reality, you are a bandit.
This goes on for awhile until there comes a sharp voice from the background...." Repeat, wake up! You are not being you!!!!"

Suddenly like a slap of cold water to the face, you see the screen again with comments from our illustrious Wolf beckoning for your answer!

"What?" you say. Dumbfounded, looking around for an explanation that makes sense.

But by then it's too late, your alter ego has yet again fumbled the ball and created chaos where there shouldn’t have been. Trapped, you slouch in your chair and wonder when it will all end. When will this victimization stop? How can you redeem yourself with such a force as Recidivism controlling you like it does?

What are you to do?

Impossible to say, but there is always tomorrow and another chance to stop this unforeseen force. This evil misuse of your mind and body to move its hideous agenda forward!

Take control man; don’t let the dark side rule your world. Just stop!!! You can do it- I know you can, its not too l ate……
The Winky
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

Folks,

Though the comments of support are appreciated (for myself and repeat-offender), I really must ask that you DO NOT POST unless you have something specifically pertinent to add to this situation. This thread should only involve the person questioning the ban, the person that set the ban, and anyone who witnessed the incident or was directly involved in what happened. It is my goal to respond to kick/ban/server questions quickly and effectively so that everyone involved can move on and get back to playing. Having a bunch of unrelated comments doesn't help to that end. It is also discouraging to people like repeat-offender who wish to question a kick/ban if everyone piles on them with comments. :?

In the future, let's try to honor [JiF][AARP]Tissueman's request on posting in the "Been Banned Or Having A Problem On Our Server" thread and keep this thread clean and professional :) I would like to ask that this thread be cleaned up and if Repeat-Offender doesn't respond in a few days, please lock it. Thanks!

LWMQ

(BTW very funny Winky! ;) )
[JiF]WinkyDeathKill
Forum User

Post by [JiF]WinkyDeathKill »

Roger That Wolf-

Comments will be posted in other forums per the outline you have suggested.

Thanks for the clarification.
The Winky
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

It's no big deal.. just trying to encourage peeps to follow tissues advice.. plus I want to wrap this up quickly if the user does/doesn't respond. Your post was a literary work of art though!
Repeat Offender
Repeat Visitor

The only thing I have to say is that I have always played the game with integrity. Sometimes teamkills happen, although unintentional. I'm well aware that I'm not one of the best players out there, (ranked 175 on the server last time I checked) but enjoyed playing here. I don't feel that way anymore.
Jiff needs to understand that there are a thousand other places that I can go to play this game and that is where I will be found. I don't feel welcome anymore and there are other servers that I play on already, that like to see me there because of the way I play. (teamplay) I have been an admin before in other games, (Unreal Tournament, Ghost Recon) and never baned a regular for something that I thought I saw or felt.
As ironic as it seems, I had actually thought about posting a request to join the clan, but now I'm glad I didn't.
Regardless, I'll be moving along but I do like the fact that I'm allowed to post this in your forum. maybe next time lonewolfe will think about the repercussions that may take place for banning a regular for something stupid.

Lonewolfe, You know where you can fly that plane to....right?
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

Repeat Offender wrote:Lonewolfe, You know where you can fly that plane to....right?
Unfortunate. As a 'regular' and 'guest' on our forums I'd expect a little bit more from you than this. This type of nonsense only makes you look bad and it does nothing to resolve the issue.
never baned a regular for something that I thought I saw or felt.
Allow me to make this perfectly clear once again: I didn't 'think' I saw something. I absolutely witnessed your behavior and it absolutely contributed to your 1 day temp-ban. The temp-ban has expired, and you can either move on and play or not. Unfortunately, you have chosen not to return.
maybe next time lonewolfe will think about the repercussions that may take place for banning a regular for something stupid.
Perhaps you will think of the repercussions before you do act foolishly on a server that you are a guest on. The reason that you are not perm-banned is because you are a regular player here. Just because you are a regular doesn't mean you can act-up with immunity. We have plenty of great players here that we value, and we have little patience for foolishness. That being said, every player has a bad day now and then... we deal with it and move on because ultimately the point is to play and have fun. As a former admin, you know very well that these types of temp-bans happen all of the time in online gaming. You can either move on and play happily, or leave in anger. You have apparently already made your choice. Best of luck to you then, there are no grudges here! Just to let you know, I believe I'd been kicked a few times for language and for some reason they still invited me to [JiF] once I cleaned it up. If you are interested in joining JiF, you can still pursue that. If you change your mind about playing here, our doors are open. however, you must understand our expectations as well.
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

I can't see there being any kind of resolution to this incident. This topic was started by Repeat Offender with no clear objective, as his ban expired within 24 hours of the incident anyway. However, I was there, and I was on Teamspeak with Lonewolf at the time while this unfolded and thought he had solid grounds to kick Repeat Offender. Had Offender not gone on to taunt Lonewolf and instead just said "sorry lonewolf", events would have unfolded differently and Offender would have got a "np ;)" instead of a ban.