Crashing to the desktop

Topics about EA's Battlefield 2 game
[JiF]Crash
Forum User

Crashing to the desktop

Post by [JiF]Crash »

Alright... Summer is over and time for gaming again...

I still have my uber awesome gaming system
- AMD Athlon 64 3700+
- 2 gigs of Patriot mem
- GeForce 7800GT PCIe
- Direct 9 (the latest rev)

OK.. I have changed nothing. I load up BF nilla and I'm getting CTD when the action gets nutz on the screen. This happens for BF and FH. Sometimes it happens as soon as I load the map and I play for like 30 seconds. Sometimes I just get booted from the game and get the "Disconnected from server". My pings are nice low (19)

Before I upgrade my forceware from 81 to 91.47, why is this happening. The games nor my system hasen't changed since last I played a few months ago?
:roll:
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

I get disconnected on the Wolf server frequently for no apparent reason. Sometimes it is a CTD sometimes not. It happens to just about everyone and is worse on some maps. I'm not sure about BF42. I haven't played that in a while.
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

I am not having any issues on BF 1942 and not lately on BF2.
My system is almost the same as Crashes.
Different brand of memory and an ATI card.
[JiF]Beej1024
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Beej1024 »

Start with Punkbuster... it always seems to be the root of my problems. Us the PBWeb or new thing to force an update.
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

Occasionaly that happens to me as well, and sometimes the whole game just dissapears and Im staring at my dektop in desbelief and intense curiosity. I've got the hardware to run it, must be something with windows...maybe its because I dont have SP2? I thought SP2 was bad for the PC ne ways?
Mr. Tibbits
Repeat Visitor

Post by Mr. Tibbits »

yes this has happen to me once while playing 2142. It just went to windows and the game was gone it wasn't even min just gone!
I am thinking about upgrading i have a duel core 4200 and a 7800 geforce pro pcii was debating on getting a new processor or just sli 7800 pro geforce.

whats the better way to go for gaming ?
Last edited by Mr. Tibbits on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

[JiF]rIot wrote:Occasionaly that happens to me as well, and sometimes the whole game just dissapears and Im staring at my dektop in desbelief and intense curiosity.
Yeah, it comes out of no where for me. It happens about once out of roughly every five times I play. It's quite the bewilderment but I usually shrug it off as a BF2 bug as a lot of people seem to have it. My roommate has it much more often then me.