Anyone still play BF2?

Topics about EA's Battlefield 2 game
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Anyone still play BF2?

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

Just curious whether anyone plays (or wants to play) BF2 recently?

My friends and I from college are starting to get into a habit of playing for one or two hours each weeknight since it's the summer now. Anyone is welcome to join us. More players, more fun.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Re: Anyone still play BF2?

Post by [JiF]corn »

I will be able to next week after i install my DVD drive.
Any particular server?
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

Not really, we just find an active server that's able to fit all of us and we hop on. You have AIM/MSN/Xfire ? I could message you when we play and where we play.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

I have xfire.
profile is [JiF]cannedcorn007 :lol:
Oreo
Repeat Visitor

Post by Oreo »

i play some times

Plz Click My Dragons Too!
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

Since i built my new PC last month I haven't reinstalled it.
I know what i'll be doing tonight. :D
[JiF]{zs}wids67
Forum User

Post by [JiF]{zs}wids67 »

Well... as mrs wids wont let my buy anymore games atm..
I have decided to look through my older game and guess what BF2 has got me hooked :lol:

need lots of info on it as i cant find the euro force bit or the armed fury bit just bf2 and bf2 special forces
how do i run the 2 I cant find (the version I have is complete collection with the red, green, blue and yellow number 2s on the box

call me stupid (i heard that) but need as much info as pos to get this thing running (thank god vista seems ok with it) properly

Cheers in advance for any help u could give me.
wids
ps maybe you could put this on the nam server Mike PLEEEEEASE!!! with sprinkles on top :D
[JiF]{zs}wids67
Forum User

Anyone still play BF2?

YES... Me xx come on guys join me on some server i'm sure it would be fun..
I got sorted now with the armed fury and euro force bits now just boosters lol not as I thought full xpacks :oops:

got bad buddy withdrawal symptom's.. damn vist :(

wids

im off looking for mods now ww2 style any good ones ?
[JiF]{zs}wids67
Forum User

OK.. I have been playing this thing (BF2) for the last few nights (week?) and found it to be a lot better online than it used to be..
Best point being most servers have rules now.. so no more chopper domination.. :D saying that some flight only servers.
Forgotten Hope 2 wasn't as good as it could have been so uninstalled that.
Been playing BF2 special forces most the time on Blackhand clan server nice 20 somthing ping :lol:
...and Ive only been band from 2 servers so far .. didnt understand about time and padding points servers.. I think this is a lame idea.
if you want to get a good rank then earn it for god sake.. Kids ehh! lol

Ordered Call of duty 5 world at war.. should of been here by now but post must be suffering still from xmas..
i want my flame thrower !! talking of flame throwers wonder if return to castle wolfenstien still has servers coz that had flametrowers
and i have that game still collector edition in a tin :mrgreen: ahh well better get some vacuming and dusting done before mrs wids gets home from work... :lol: xx

wids
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

[JiF]{zs}wids67 wrote:...and Ive only been band from 2 servers so far .. didnt understand about time and padding points servers.. I think this is a lame idea.
if you want to get a good rank then earn it for god sake.. Kids ehh! lol
What is all this about Time and Padding?
[JiF]{zs}wids67 wrote: ...i want my flame thrower !! talking of flame throwers wonder if return to castle wolfenstien still has servers coz that had flametrowers
and i have that game still collector edition in a tin :mrgreen:
Is it just a rumour or are there not flamethrowers in the invasion of the phillipines map? or is this only in the BFV WWII mod?

Oh yeah and Wids
Get back to BF42, you know it makes sense, just install a partition and be dne with it. I can supply a (legit) copy of Xp if you need it
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

The flamethrower is on BFV WWII mod.
When JiF had the BFV server, i went into remote and put the map in a few times and played against bots.

I still have BF2 and Special Forces add on.
I never really liked BF2 that much because the strength of the air power overwhelmed all the ground troops and vehicles.
It always seemed to end up as air rape base camping. :(

There are a few servers out there that only have ground troops.
I end up having fun on those.
[JiF]{zs}wids67
Forum User

Points Padding servers are servers that have admin medics and victims...
basically from what I fathomed out was you kill the victims the medic heals them you shoot the victims and so on till your points go up to
a max of 250 points any higher and ea\punk-buster steps in and disqualifies the points..
The other servers are time servers... you jump in a jet\tank or whatever and sit still in base to gain ribbons medals badges for that role.
it takes so many point and or time to unlock weapons and give ribbons medals badges boosting you rank.
crazy or what :roll: :lol:
[JiF]{zs}wids67
Forum User

The Reason I cant put windows XP on this machine and get back playing 42 is drivers..
The machine is an acer aspire so would need drivers for xp.. This machine has a drivers site page but they are Vista
as the machine came preloaded with it no disks so im pretty much stuck with Vista :(
dont know the motherboard make model etc just its the ati 780 chipset with radeon hd3200 onboard.
I have a new graphics card on its way so the onboard will be disabled..
Why I bought a prebuilt machine god only knows :?

wids 67
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I just got round to ordering this!
I have played the demo heaps of times & quite enjoyed it.
Looking forward to playing something different. Might catch up with some of you if you're still playing.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

At last I got round to installing it & playing.
Good news is it works on both my work computer & laptop (although strange thing is I had to free up enough space on drive C for me to be able to install it to my drive D! It wanted enough space to put it on C even though I wasn't going to install it there.)
I've only been playing in single player mode so far as I get used to the weapons & how everything works, but in a few weeks time I shall be venturing out there into the multiplayer world.