Is there such a thing as cheating on BF1942?

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]rix
Forum User

Re: Is there such a thing as cheating on BF1942?

Post by [JiF]rix »

I've heard about a program-type (cheat) that removes fog/smoke and such from the screen which of cause is a major advantage.
Anyone else heard about or seen it?
/rix
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

Yes, this is a popular kind of cheat, although for it to be undetectable you will fork out a fair amount of money.
Some hack developers advertise their wares openly on Google and the net.
PB is constantly updating though, like an anti-virus, so most cheats are eventually detected and have to be re-developed.
This developer claims that as of today, his hacks are still undetectable and tested daily:
(Please don't post links like this, Tissue)
Wish some-one would hack HIS site.
[JiF]Happy-Killmore
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Happy-Killmore »

Great post guys. There are some guys I really wonder about, when they have double the next closest guys score on every map. I've played for a while and still don't know half the stuff you guys do, but reading your input makes things clearer. Is there someplace to get tips on inproving my game?
See ya on the Battlefield
HK

[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

but not every guy with double the score of the next one is a cheater.
i mean look at hoosier and hutchie they always have a crazy killdeath ration, when i fly sometimes i also get a kill ratio of 10 to 1(but only when hoosier is not around)
it just depends on the map. i ve seen myself have twice as many kills as hutchie on Berlin ctf but i also had over twice as many death as he had it just all depends on ur game play. my death kill ratio is mostly about 1to1 hoosiers is about 1to4
and the reason is cause i just run into people taking the shortest way to get them just as i do playing lacrosse, and hutchie and hoosier like to dance around and play hide and seek. and that probably cause they joined the dance team in high school in order to get the girls :lol: :lol: ;D :lol: .
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

Ever been killed by a sniper in one shot even though you're giving the definition of unpredictability a shot up the arm by jumping around like an utter lunatic?
One guy was doing that to me all night.
The chances that they're cheating is pretty slim but it's times like that when you wonder just how effective PunkBuster is at filtering the hacks.
But for all it's annoying service communication failures and manual update requests, to be fair to PunkBuster, it did do it's job a few weeks ago when it kicked and blocked a guy who tried to activate a hack on the JiF server.

But I do think 'star" players can teach you to be a better player. When I first played on the JiF server, I was a complete newbie - couldn't hit a bot with a tank :oops: , but coming up against players like Mini Rambo, Hutchie and Gav (in those days) taught me a lot. Now I can take a motorcyclist's head off with a zook on the other side of a bridge, and it now takes Hutchie almost 10 seconds to kill me (usually with a colt 'cos he's run out of ammo by that time :lol: )
Thats considerably longer than the instantaneous death-gasp I'd experience a year ago.

But when in doubt, remember the JiF adage: Good teamwork beats l337 players
[JiF]Pvt. Harrick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Pvt. Harrick »

That sniper situation happens to all the time, but mostly with bots lol
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it."
[JiF]Kyle
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Kyle »

[JiF]War Trophy wrote: When I first played on the JiF server, I was a complete newbie - couldn't hit a bot with a tank :oops: , but coming up against players like Mini Rambo, Hutchie and Gav (in those days) taught me a lot. Now I can take a motorcyclist's head off with a zook on the other side of a bridge, and it now takes Hutchie almost 10 seconds to kill me (usually with a colt 'cos he's run out of ammo by that time :lol: )
Thats considerably longer than the instantaneous death-gasp I'd experience a year ago.

But when in doubt, remember the JiF adage: Good teamwork beats l337 players
You're absolutely right Trophy, I could not agree more. I can still remember you guys giving me advice in the beginning, never to stand still and stuff like that. And by now I'm the one who's just waiting for others to hold on for half a second to blow them away with a zook, a rifle or some automatic weapon... :razz: :shoot:

But your last sentence reminds me of a quote I've read once playing Call of Duty 4 (some of you might know those messages which are shown when you die):

"Teamwork is important - because the enemy will have other targets too"

So let's keep up to good teamwork... :P
"I divide the world into two kinds of people: those who like me - and those who can got to hell..."
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

And always remember, what you see on the screen may not be what's happening in the game.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

[JiF]War Trophy wrote:Ever been killed by a sniper in one shot even though you're giving the definition of unpredictability a shot up the arm by jumping around like an utter lunatic?
One guy was doing that to me all night.
this is more common than you think, I oftem make amazing sniper kills that are pure luck, sometimes I fire in the general direction of a player and get a 1 hit kill when all I can see is a feint glimmer of their nick through the fog.
Other times I get a definite head shot from 30yards away and they turn and drop me with a single shot

There is a hit and Damage chart for all of the weapons that i have buried somewhere I will dig it out, but I know that the rifle can deliver a 1 hit kill for the torso as well as the head and it depends on the distance and angle between shooter and victim

ZtF
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

suntzu
Repeat Visitor

Post by suntzu »

hello to all of you.
I've been playing bf1942 and DC since 2006.
(moon, test quin, atf, soc etc ..)
I came to your server very lately and it's a good one.
good maps and good players

It's true that cheat is an important matter to me and probably to the majority of players.
I would love to understand if this server is free from cheaters, more exactly if there is any way to free any server from cheaters.
I mean guy that have real cheat for aiming better, moving faster, lagging on purpose their player, having an "armor" stronger than others, bullet prrof -like guys etc...
I unfortunately generally play bf with lags, i dont have a lot of lags on jiff server, I have a lot on moon.
Sorry to speak about other servers too, but franckly I would love to have opinion from other players, about moon players like "war wizard" or "rabid animal".
I mean if any of you guys, playing jiff, go to moon server, please send me your feed back about those 2 players.
I saw strange things about them but it is difficult to really be sure someone uses cheat.
the only one i know who does not..is me :-)
I did not even ever study map to know where to hide or the colour system you talk about.
Do you consider that using cheat of the map, like firing through wall hidden in a house is cheat ?
I never do this but I see it so many time.
For me it is cheating but as it is in the map, it is not a problem for me seeing others shoot me through a wall.
I dont like it but thats ok.
I have no idea what punkbuster is really about and able to do.
I think, maybe paranoia, but i think that there are some guys out there that know enough about pc to install special cheats and setting to be able to move faster and avoid most of bullets, not because of their skills but because they know programming and computer stuff better than others...and this idea kills a little the fun of the game

even if the graphics of battlefield are completely low level in comparison to modern online games,
when I see friends of me playing other wargames online,
I also understand that there are some points about bf1942 that makes it unique and really fun :-)

have fun

and see you on the battlefield :-)

(nowadays i play with an old 10€ labtec mouse not even wireless, an emac and the original keyboard:-)
( i hope to get better stuff later cause my "tools" to play this game are horrible)
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

suntzu wrote: Do you consider that using cheat of the map, like firing through wall hidden in a house is cheat ?
That is a cheat we call a glitch or wall hack.
If you use a map glitch(exploit) to get an advantage over other players, it is called a cheat.
Normally hacks / cheats are caught by punkbuster.
There are times we catch people doing these things by sitting back and watching players in game.
If you suspect someone of glitching or hacking please feel free to post in the FEEDBACK section of the forums with the persons in game name or problem in the subject of your post and we will keep an eye on them.
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

here an example for cheating, so that everyone knows what is possible with the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmZuGv__ ... re=related
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
Darkside
New User

Post by Darkside »

[JiF]FrenchAfroman wrote:here an example for cheating, so that everyone knows what is possible with the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmZuGv__ ... re=related

That's a sick sick thing :faint: :shoot:
Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
[JiF]Happy-Killmore
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Happy-Killmore »

Hey guys, thank you to everyone who replied. I am starting to see that alot of what is going on has to do with my ping (except for Gib, I'm sure he has extra help there somewhere). Just kidding and he knows it!!! I have a lot of respect for his game play, as with a lot of you guys. I still very much enjoy the server and the guys playing on it. If I can get in the top 5 (sometimes even top 3) with a crappy ping it is very good practice for when I have a better ping.

HK
HK

[JiF]Trogdor
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Trogdor »

Also don't discount the value of a powerful computer. For a long time I was stuck playing BF on an intel Mac and had to emulate 1942 (using Rosetta). It was a serious struggle and I would get dominated on every map. Some maps like Kursk, Kharkov, and Caen were almost unplayable for me. I finally got around to installing Windows on it where I could run it natively without emulation and it was like night and day. Kinda like those runners that train 1000ft above sea level and then can run like the wind on the beach.