the server

Let us know how things are working out or if you have any suggestions or complaints
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Re: the server

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

[JiF]Sgt. hUTCHIE wrote:...
There have been all sorts of theories flying around - from the recent number of people increase, the microsoft operating system and the new server build...
Maybe the "series of tubes" have become clogged with bot carcasses? Perhaps we could use a pipe cleaner? :D
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]Sgt. hUTCHIE
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt. hUTCHIE »

[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger wrote:Maybe the "series of tubes" have become clogged with bot carcasses? Perhaps we could use a pipe cleaner? :D
Well there are probabaly too many bots and a more drastic solution is needed.

I know, we could use that stick in Badgers avatar, coat it in honey, and then rub it over his fur.

Said article, what ever you want to call it, could then be used to shift the bot blockage...

P.s. haven't had much problem with response recently despite the bandwidth tests.

hUTCHIE
Image Try a drop of the hard stuff....
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

Post by Lonewolf-McQuade »

[JiF]Sgt. hUTCHIE wrote:There have been all sorts of theories flying around - from the recent number of people increase, the microsoft operating system and the new server build.
The server crashes have been going on long before the bandwidth testing ever started. The server rebuild, I believe, improved overall performance in the long run. The server does not play as well with 64 people/bots on it, and it does crash more often on COOP maps. These are things that we have been watching for a while now and that we have shown in logs to be real existing challenges for us. The COOP issue is still technically unresolved and we'll probably have to deal with it by managing our maps.

The most current issue is the lag (which is related to the testing.) This can easily get confused with other existing issues, but they are different things and each somewhat important to gameplay. :)