Chaser...had to log out last night

Topics about Valve's various Half-Life games and mods
[JiF]Toriq
Forum User

Chaser...had to log out last night

Post by [JiF]Toriq »

was getting late and I was also getting tired of the medic spam players who decided to go for the new achievements instead of actually healing. *sigh*

And that one kid's voice was getting much too annoying! :lol:

Has me considering that changing to team chat vs. all chat would be a blessing! xx

Was fun though!
Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

Re: Chaser...had to log out last night

Post by Lonewolf-McQuade »

what's a medic spam player?
[JiF]Toriq
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Toriq »

Everyone was playing medics after the goldrush update to get the new achievements and award boosts. Just got silly, IMO.
Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

Did the patch come out last night after I dropped out? I couldn't take the 3v3 combat anymore. Those guys were fun to play with but a little annoying on the chat. Comes with being in high school I guess. Pretty funny when Chaser started lecturing them on Algebra, they said they were in Algebra 2, so he moved it up a notch. :)

I wonder if I'll get the new achievements if I've already completed them or if I have to get them officially. I'm sure I've gotten some of them since I've spent plenty of time being a Medic.
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

Post by Lonewolf-McQuade »

oops
Last edited by Lonewolf-McQuade on Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[JiF]chaser
Forum User

Post by [JiF]chaser »

Yes we were pretty busy last night, and the logs show the server stayed active until nearly 5am. From what i understand by talking to people in-game is that Valve had a bug in their windoz server update leaving people with less places to go, and i also (quite by accident) happened to update our server nearly at the time the client update was released. It was great fun, even though as mentioned ^^ in the beginning it was a medic fragfest.

This link shows what is included in the 'goldrush update' with emphasis on medic 'enhancements'

I was going to include a screenshot in this post of the 'enhanced uranium enriched thermonuclear explosive device' that explodes at the end of goldrush, but instead will include the following since it is nice to see our server full:

xx
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

I spent tonight crouching in front of the bomb as a heavy. It just pushed me along like a moving turret and healed me it went along :D