BF 2142 Reviews

Topics about EA's Battlefield 2 game
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

BF 2142 Reviews

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

Needless to say the reviews aren't going to change my mind and make me buy it.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/battl ... t;action;1

Gamespot: 8.1
Battlefield 2142's new Titan mode is an exciting new addition to the Battlefield series, though for the most part 2142 offers up minor evolutionary improvements over its illustrious predecessor.

The Good: The new Titan mode is a wild and intense departure from Battlefield's traditional conquest mode; a vast unlock system rewards long-term play, and your character becomes more powerful over time; the trademark battlefield formula of infantry and vehicle combat remains strong, even as it's getting a bit too familiar; an interesting new setting for what's traditionally been a historically themed series.

The Bad: Only two new factions, and no more North Africans; the graphics engine is showing its age, and the load times remain as long as ever.
PC Zone Uk: 8.6
It's certainly not gong to supersede the increasingy popular "Battlefield 2," as most of its merits merely held over from its predecessor, but nevertheless it's a brilliant evolution of one of the greatest online shooters ever made. And it's got giant walking tanks.
http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/0 ... B3FF04.htm

Game Informer: 8.5
I know this is going to come as a shock to a lot of you, so brace yourselves: Battlefield 2142 is little more than Battlefield 2 with mechs and gunships. In nearly every way, a round of 2142 plays out exactly like a round of its predecessor. Not that that’s a particularly bad thing, but for all intents and purposes this is a $50 mod.
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

Tomarrow's the big day!!! I probably wouldnt buy it if I hadn't lost my BF2 CD's and Key...meh, but mechs are better anyways!
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

this is a $50 mod.
I totally agree with this statement. I won't be buying it.
ImageImage
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

Haha. yeah, when I first got in the demo my initial reaction was "Ok...did they do ANYTHING with the graphics?"
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

I guess I'm gulllible.
I bought it...just so I'd have it to play around with at the LAN mind you... :roll:
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

rofl, at least Step has some dedication, I say you should try to persuade Smuckers to come to the LAN, we got some seating gaps to fill!!!