[JiF]'s TF2 Server

Topics about Valve's various Half-Life games and mods
[JiF]chaser
Forum User

[JiF]'s TF2 Server

Post by [JiF]chaser »

A new TF2 server is up at the following address:

http://www.game-monitor.com/tf2_GameSer ... _Fast.html

Interestingly when it was first put up a few weeks ago (to let run and test for bugs) people 'found it' and it ran full for the evening with an average cpu usage of ~ 28%. It is a basic setup with all-talk 'on' (because it is more fun!) and she has a full 100mbit pipe.

If she can be filled and keep her that way I will be looking for people to help admin (true admin, not just banning etc 8) ) as I simply do not have the time. As a sample of trying to fill her, let's say people try to sign-in at 7pm each evening for a bit until she fills on her own.

No donations are needed to fund the server, just jump on from time to time to help her fill up. :mrgreen:
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Re: [JiF]'s TF2 Server

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

Fantastic!

I'll drop in when I can.
I suspect we can keep this populated...it might mean Grimp will
actually have to play for a change though ;)
[JiF]Toriq
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Toriq »

That's fantastic! Thanks a lot Chaser. Oh and nice to meet you to. See you in-game.

I'll definitely be dropping in often (unless it's unpopulated :) )
Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

If I get to play tonight it will probably be BF. Just happens to be custom map day on the BF server, but I will check out the server as soon as I can.

Thanks
[JiF]Toriq
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Toriq »

I was on it briefly wed night, but was only one on and that's no fun in TF2. Seemed to work fine though. I did run around solo capping for a bit just to test.
Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

As Chaser mentioned, we'll probably have to arrange some times when a bunch of us can be
on at once, maybe attract a crowd.
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

ACTUALLY STEP, that night happens to be Tuesday nights, but a ot of JiFers decided to recently not hold up their end of the bargain ([Bag]Tea will attest to that as well!) ;)
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF]rIot wrote:ACTUALLY STEP, that night happens to be Tuesday nights, but a ot of JiFers decided to recently not hold up their end of the bargain ([Bag]Tea will attest to that as well!) ;)
:oops:

My bad...it would be great to do it on our site.

Of course, it would be great if I could play too...we're still setting up internet at home.
Then I have to get in as much gaming as possible before baby comes in May :shock:
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

umm, Step...major life changing events are no excuse ;)
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Finally got to play on the server with players. Seemed to run very will. Unfortunately I could not stay long.
After a few of us joined it got busy, then I had to leave :(
[JiF]Toriq
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Toriq »

Yep, it was fun and the server ran well. Started to get full after a while. I was last Jiffer to log off around 10:30 (though someone may have logged in later) and there were plenty of strangers playing by then. Guess I got tired of mimicking a target practice dummy :lol: plus I was way too tired anyway. Went and played a couple BF1942 maps before I decided that being able to see the screen actually mattered and logged off! :)
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I got yelled at by my wife. Something about banging on the key board while she was trying to sleep :roll:
I really need to move my PC to some other room :)
[JiF]Toriq
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Toriq »

Oh man, that's no fun! My bedroom is a suite with a front office/TV room and then a door to the back room where the bed is located, so I just close the door and she doesn't even know how late I stay up playing games! :D
[JiF]EA
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]EA »

Tried to get on last night, I'm taking it this server is no longer?
I'm working on solving the gas crisis.
[JiF]chaser
Forum User

Post by [JiF]chaser »

[JiF]EveryAvenue wrote:Tried to get on last night, I'm taking it this server is no longer?
it's been running along waiting for people to play ;) there was a server update that didn't automatically apply, so i just applied it manually.. if they would ever release bots for tf2 like foxbot did for tfc i would throw them on to help generate traffic.