Monthly Crunchy-Creamy Scrim

Would you like to have a match or scrim with us? We aren't a competition clan, but we do play well with others.

Should a possible monthly scrim be... (read first 5 posts before voting please)

Poll ended at Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:18 pm

...on the same day of the week as custom map day
55%
...on a different day of the week
45%

Total votes: 11

[JiF]Squeaky McSqueakums
Forum User

Monthly Crunchy-Creamy Scrim

Post by [JiF]Squeaky McSqueakums »

To Preface, I quite obvoisly have no real athourity to plan somthing like this, but I feel like getting the ball rolling, and if an admin, public opinion, or fate decide to shut me down, then they will. (but i have a feeling that wont happen :mrgreen: )

on the second thursday of every month, in the same timeslot as the March 2nd scrim (8:00 EST) We will have a Crunchy vs Creamy scrim.

One week before the scrim a thread will open where players can 'sign up' and suggest maps. 2 days before the scrim, we will open another thread with a poll, and submit the sugessted maps to a poll, the top 3 vote getters will be used in the scrim. teams will also be posted in the map poll thread. if we keep the teams fairly consistant, we can have a scoreboard and a crunchy-creamy figurative championship trophy! perhaps after each match we can give out 'awards' like MVP, most TKs, most deaths...
Last edited by [JiF]Squeaky McSqueakums on Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's right, these posts are the result of the dedicated work of me and a room full of monkeys working diligently on our typewriters.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Re: Monthly Crunchy-Creamy Scrim

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Sounds complicated :) but I have no objections. Could probably set the server up to go passworded at a specific date, time and for a specific duration. As long as you have a [JiF] Server Admin playing he can run the maps and stuff.
If you get good feed back about it from other forum members and want to set it up go ahead. If I am not paying attention PM me to come and look at what you want set up.
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Post by [JiF][AARP]Jimbo »

can't do thursdays that's your custom map day now or is that changing again.
[JiF]Squeaky McSqueakums
Forum User

the reason i chose thursday is because it is custom map day, and we wouldnt have to shut off server access for the 'casual' gamer who are too lazy to download custom maps or sign up for a scrim. i figure a scrim and custom map day would appeal to the same group of people, therefore having them happen on the same day would allow the other 6 days of the week to the lazy bums ;) also it would only be scrim after 8:00 EST and only once a month, whereas map day occurs weekly.
That's right, these posts are the result of the dedicated work of me and a room full of monkeys working diligently on our typewriters.
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Post by [JiF][AARP]Jimbo »

not that it matters to me but what you will be doing is eliminating any new people from joining the custom map day if you do a scrimmage they won't have access.
[JiF]Squeaky McSqueakums
Forum User

thats a good point... i'll put up a poll.
[JiF]Djsmg
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Djsmg »

My vote goes for same day as custom maps... but...

I think I would watch to see exactly how many people are populating the server on custom map day at the time that the scrim would take place, and of those people, how many are regulars or people who would be invited into the scrim.

If there are only a few new people during that timeslot, no harm done.

One question though, how much turnaround time is there to switch from accessible server to password access? (not sure if I have the terminology right). If it isn't that time consuming, casual gamers would still have time to get a few custom maps in earlier prior to being locked out.
I have decided to produce and sell a strong alcoholic drink called "Responsibly".
That way everyone in the country can get wasted drinking Responsibly.
And all the other drinks makers will be advertising for me on their cans with the slogan "please drink Responsibly".
Probably will annoy the government as well.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

One question though, how much turnaround time is there to switch from accessible server to password access?
Less than a minute, but (always a but) only a very few members can access the admin section needed to set a password.
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

Post by Lonewolf-McQuade »

I've always felt that the earlier days Mon-Wed are the best for stuff like this... I think that Jimbo's point is well taken. We are struggling to build up regs for CMT and we actually do have some regs that come in now (just a few). If they get booted randomly for a scrim will it work against us? Will they get frustrated and bail on CMT? I'd rather scrim on Mon, Tues, or Wed. then take the chance.