Socket A Motherboard

Looking for something? Post here and maybe someone can help
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Socket A Motherboard

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Just had a MB go on me (along with power supply) and I'd like to get that PC back up and running but don't wanna spend much money. Anyone have an old board laying around not in use? The only things I need it to have are SATA and AGP(or onboard video), besides the socket A. :) Would love to find an MSI K7N2GM-V so I wouldn't have to do anything with the XP install, but I'm not picky, will take just about anything at this point! Let me know what you have and we'll talk. Thanx!
ImageImage
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Re: Socket A Motherboard

Post by [JiF]corn »

I've got an old 250watt power supply you can have.
Probably not worth the shipping cost :)
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Re: Socket A Motherboard

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I appreciate the offer but the power supply I lost was in an htpc case and was pretty small, it was only 240W and brand new costs $19.99 at NewEgg.com...it's also a weird shape. I had some major heating issues with that case though (tried to cram too much in it I think) and am staying away from it for now. I've ordered a brandy new MB, PS, CPU, RAM, sound card, video card, and a few other nice new items to use as my HTPC. I was even thinking about picking up a Blu-Ray drive for it, Newegg.com has one with good ratings for $130. The new parts will go into an old atx case I've had laying around until I can afford a new htpc case in a few weeks, the good ones are quite expensive. Then the plan is to use the old htpc hardware (plus replaced motherboard) as an unRAID server for network storage. Since I bought all this new hardware I'm trying to get a cheap replacement motherboard, and I have an old 500W power supply I can use for the unRAID server. :)
ImageImage