Crunchy Vs. Creamy Scrim - March 2nd at 8:00pm EST

Would you like to have a match or scrim with us? We aren't a competition clan, but we do play well with others.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Re: Crunchy Vs. Creamy Scrim - March 2nd at 8:00pm EST

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Remember there is no distinction between confict and fight with wife :roll:
My wife came in during the scrim and started telling me a long story. I don't have a clue what it was about.
I removed one side of my headset and cocked my head toward her and said stuff like "uh-huh".
I really tried to pay attention and saying that I am in a scrim would just get her mad at me.
I do remember her saying "Isn't that funny" at the end. I just chuckled and said "uh-huh".
Now for sure this is gonna come back to haunt me as it probably included something for me to do which I said "Uh-huh" to :D
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

I thought I heard a woman's voice in the background of someone's TS last night. LOL, maybe that was her. :lol:
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

[JiF]Stepovich wrote:
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman wrote:I hope to play next time. I had a conflict last night.
Was the conflict over how to fold a fitted sheet correctly?

;)
This is easy. I just do what I'm told. My way is always the wrong way. Ever try to pick a parking spot in a parking lot?

"Why did you park here?"
"Because I wanted to"
"I always park over there"

So then you try:

"Where should I park?"
"Park wherever you want to"

BUT IT"S A TRAP!!!! Trust me.

Grimp, I get a lot of mileage out of 'ok' when my wife says something and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to answer. It acknowledges that she said something, but it non-commital. And why do they think you aren't doing anything if you are playing a game? I mean you could be leaving your teammates hung out to dry if you stop to listen to her everytime she comes in. Assuming she comes into the room. For some reason she thinks she can speak in a normal tone and I'll hear her no matter where I am in the house. Starting to sound like an old man rant, eh?

The only fun Grimp has now is making changes to the server that lock people out. So sad.

Tissue
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

[JiF]Stepovich wrote:We should do it again, but have it perhaps with a little less organization? Maybe a Creamy-Crunch night where
everyone's on TS and teams are random/auto-asigned?
It's just fun having everyone on at once, just like the old days ;)
More pre-game organization and less in-game organization would be nice. IIRC when we used to do Creamy v. Crunchy everyone would sign up ahead of time and then two team captains of old nuts would pick sides privately - basically keeping things balanced. That way everyone knew who was playing against everyone else before the match started.

Since we didn't really know who was gonna show we couldn't do anything ahead of time. I thought older vs. newer would work out pretty well but I underestimated the wisdom of the old timers (I really remember Grimp sucking a lot more ;)). The 'Make Waterboy Choose' method worked a little better and gave us a great battle of Berlin.

BTW - Creamy won both matches so at least now we know that Creamy JiF is best. :)
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Post by [JiF][AARP]Jimbo »

usually when Grimp doesn't suck it's because Doc is playing his guy, was Doc on too? If not questions could be asked :)
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Nah, Doc went to the movies. He did seem interested when I told him I was not going to the movies because there was a JiF scrim I had forgotten about. He never reads the forums so he would not know. I was not playing anywhere near his level and was already tired by the second round :D Besides that he has not played BF in a long time so he is probably pretty rusty.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF][AARP]Grimp wrote:Nah, Doc went to the movies. He did seem interested when I told him I was not going to the movies because there was a JiF scrim I had forgotten about. He never reads the forums so he would not know. I was not playing anywhere near his level and was already tired by the second round :D Besides that he has not played BF in a long time so he is probably pretty rusty.
I imagine Doc rusty is better than many of us with a few fresh hours of play under our belts :shock:
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Post by [JiF][AARP]Jimbo »

seems like more proof if you ask me, rusty Doc = leet Grimp

I am thinking there is a 60 minutes investigation that is going to have to happen.
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

I must admit it was a fun night, thanks for letting ringers tatste the spoils of defeat ! I especially liked trying to hunt down WB and prevent him from doing to much harm to our team. Hope I somewhat succeeded a bit.

I will definitely be ready for another one of those with you guys, schedule permiting.
[JiF]Djsmg
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Djsmg »

[JiF][AARP]Tissueman wrote:This is easy. I just do what I'm told. My way is always the wrong way. Ever try to pick a parking spot in a parking lot?

"Why did you park here?"
"Because I wanted to"
"I always park over there"

So then you try:

"Where should I park?"
"Park wherever you want to"

BUT IT"S A TRAP!!!! Trust me.

Grimp, I get a lot of mileage out of 'ok' when my wife says something and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to answer. It acknowledges that she said something, but it non-commital. And why do they think you aren't doing anything if you are playing a game? I mean you could be leaving your teammates hung out to dry if you stop to listen to her everytime she comes in. Assuming she comes into the room. For some reason she thinks she can speak in a normal tone and I'll hear her no matter where I am in the house. Starting to sound like an old man rant, eh?
ROFL, that sounds like a page out of my book, and I'm just a newlywed (almost 1 year). Will there ever be a situation where I will be right? There are two things I haven't quite figured out how to do and if anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it.

1 - How do you read their minds? Ever since I said "I do" I've been wrong because I have failed to figure out what she was thinking.

2 - Has anyone figured out how to be in two places at the same time?

I will probably add to this list as time goes on but for now this is all I can think of.
I have decided to produce and sell a strong alcoholic drink called "Responsibly".
That way everyone in the country can get wasted drinking Responsibly.
And all the other drinks makers will be advertising for me on their cans with the slogan "please drink Responsibly".
Probably will annoy the government as well.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Just admit you are a pwned noob and you will always be. Life will be easier :D
[JiF]Djsmg
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Djsmg »

[JiF][AARP]Grimp wrote:Just admit you are a pwned noob and you will always be. Life will be easier :D
Ohhhhh. I get it. Just like BF1942.
I have decided to produce and sell a strong alcoholic drink called "Responsibly".
And all the other drinks makers will be advertising for me on their cans with the slogan "please drink Responsibly".
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

That pretty much sums it up.

But our wives can't be all that bad, see, they haven't taken our computer privildges away !
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

Post by Lonewolf-McQuade »

I had fun! I think next time a little more pre-game organization, and mixing up the older guys and the newer guys will make it solid! When's the next one?
[JiF]Djsmg
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Djsmg »

Well I recently signed up for this magazine so maybe that will help. (See attached)

I would be interested in the next one if my schedule permits.
Attachments
whipped.jpg