Crunchy Vs. Creamy Scrim - March 2nd at 8:00pm EST

Would you like to have a match or scrim with us? We aren't a competition clan, but we do play well with others.
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Re: Crunchy Vs. Creamy Scrim - March 2nd at 8:00pm EST

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Sly, It would NOT have been a TK. You would have tripped while running with your finger on the trigger. It would be a most unfortunate accident. We'd admonish you to double knot your combat boots next time to prevent this from happening. Of course, this would only happen after a complete investigation into the 'accident' that would take 10 people 4-5 weeks to complete. Then we'd set a policy that your manager would have to tie all combat boots in a double knot before the game could start. By the time this was completed the map would be changing. The game would cease to be fun, but the incident rate of TK's would be low enough that we'd have a breakfast celebrating our success and might even get a T-shirt. I love corporate America.
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

Sounds like justifiable homicide to me ;)
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

[JiF]Stepovich wrote:Sounds like justifiable homicide to me ;)
Ok so does anyone have any idea of what kind of map we want to play?
Or to be more clear:

SUGGEST A MAP!

Feel free to suggest any map. Planes, infantry, tanks, etc. don't matter and neither does balance since both teams will compete on both sides (offense/defense) of the same map.

Here's the standard rules:

----2 rounds, 20 minutes long
----Home Team (aka: my team) gets to pick which side they play first
----Switch sides for round 2
----1 map (we gotta choose it)
----Basecamping IS allowed because we have to give Waterboy something to do.
----Nade spawn camping is NOT allowed. Because it's lame. Note if an infantry is standing by a ammo box to toss grenades at a tank that's fine. Just don't be doing it to a spawnable point.
----Tiebreaker map is BattleAxe. Because it's about as balanced as it gets. Team with the most total points gets to pick the side they want.
----Everyone is on TS. Creamy and Crunchy channels are for team members only so we can mock the other team without hurting their feelings (we could also talk strategy but in the past that's been pretty fruitless, so mostly mocking)
----10 minute break between rounds. Everyone should switch to the main channel. If there are alternate team members because we have more than 24 then they can swap in.
----TK kick is off so people are free to kill JiFfers on their own team freely while we do setup. If Smuckers gets annoyed that someone keeps killing him and asks to stop killing him then people should stop killing him. That name was chosen at random and should not reflect on the real Smuckers and any relation to real acts or people is a coicidence.

If I think of more I'll shout it out.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

I forget the name of the map, it's the British vs German, with the little helicopters?
It looks like a newer map, it's been coming up a lot lately in the rotation and is a lot of fun.

If anyone can figure out the name of the map from that description, that's the one I want ;)
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

[JiF]Stepovich wrote:I forget the name of the map, it's the British vs German, with the little helicopters?
It looks like a newer map, it's been coming up a lot lately in the rotation and is a lot of fun.

If anyone can figure out the name of the map from that description, that's the one I want ;)
Raid on Aghelia.... errr... Agelhia.... Agelihia.... Something like that.

Oh and my recommendation is Capture of Ortona. It's a custom map but we had our funnest scrim on it in 3FL:

http://3fl.org/modules.php?name=Forums& ... hlight=jif

No planes so Tissue would have to content himself with shooting tanks with his AT gun but otherwise it's a pretty good map - especially if we have <16 for the scrim.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

kursk or kharkov :roll:
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

[JiF]cannedcorn007 wrote:kursk or kharkov :roll:
Ooo... Kharkov could be a lot of fun. That may get my vote. :)

I wouldn't play Kursk. That's gotta be the worst map in the BF universe. It always turns into a campers feast.
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

If you want good infantry only, no planes, go with Stalingrad.

To add planes to the mix, but still give the grunts on the ground a chance to play, take Kharkov or Market Garden.
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtWaterboy »

LMAO....

Sire Die, you need to realize that all if fair when you are dealing with a guy from Cleveland and one from a real town...

whoops, I meant to say Pittsburgh (easy freudian slip!!)... ;)

What Sly didnt tell you was that he needs me to do his dirty work for him in my patented tank or big guns on the Prince Owl. Without those, he could never have a clear shot at getting the gold...errr...silver... ;)

Plus, he would have just unbanned himself, then banned me in spite!!! :0

oh wiat, that was Kelly's Hero!!! :)

LT
[JiF]Squeaky McSqueakums
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Squeaky McSqueakums »

my vote for a map goes for anything infantry-centric preferably without tanks, like Berlin CTF, but as many of you like vehicles, i would suggest BattleAxe, despite it being the tiebreaker map, it has good opportunity for an infantry slugfest, with planes and tanks. just please don't basecamp, as it can get pretty ugly on battleaxe
That's right, these posts are the result of the dedicated work of me and a room full of monkeys working diligently on our typewriters.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF]Sly Gambit wrote:
[JiF]Stepovich wrote:I forget the name of the map, it's the British vs German, with the little helicopters?

Raid on Aghelia.... errr... Agelhia.... Agelihia.... Something like that.

Oh and my recommendation is Capture of Ortona. It's a custom map but we had our funnest scrim on it in 3FL:

http://3fl.org/modules.php?name=Forums& ... hlight=jif

No planes so Tissue would have to content himself with shooting tanks with his AT gun but otherwise it's a pretty good map - especially if we have <16 for the scrim.
Thanks Sly, that was making me crazy.
God, I remember that scrim! That was a real nailbiter. I'd actually prefer Ortona, it's an excellant infantry map, it was a blast to scrim on....and no planes!! One good pilot can make a plane map a tedious experience for us grunts.
Last edited by [JiF]Stepovich on Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

Can you believe that was three [3] years ago?!?
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

Can we get this map Ortona in the rotation? :o
Is it a mod that needs download?
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

[JiF]Stepovich wrote:Can you believe that was three [3] years ago?!?
Nope. I read through some of the other writeups too and can't even remember the different mods we played.
One good pilot can make a plane map a tedious experience for us grunts.
I don't think that would be a problem on Kharkov. We don't have any scary l33t pilots - just a bunch of good ones. Kharkov's heavy number of AA, APCs, and tanks would make it pretty easy to keep the planes in check.
Can we get this map Ortona in the rotation?
Is it a mod that needs download?
I don't think we'll want to put it in the rotation because regulars w/o the custom map pack that includes it will get bounced. But we can put it on Sunday afternoon before the Scrim. If people play it and don't like it then we can always play Kharkov, Battleaxe, or something else. The only problem I have with Battleaxe is that there isn't a whole lot of strategy to it. It's just a slugfest. Good tiebreaker map but not really fun to scrim on because it just shows which team has better players - not which team is the better team.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Where do you get the map pack with Ortona?