Asking for a swift kick in the a.. !

A place to talk about games in general
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Asking for a swift kick in the a.. !

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

Do your kids behave like that ? Listen to the whole thing. :shock:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8207965240

Let's hope not ! No wonder society's going down the drain ! :?
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

Re: Asking for a swift kick in the a.. !

Post by Lonewolf-McQuade »

NOW we know why you guys didn't make JiF a clan... no clan matches!!! LOL this cracks me up!
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

We were talking about this sort of thing at our church youth club leaders meeting tonight. The problems with our society today & how it's getting worse etc.
I blame computer games myself. All that killing & no reality. Hmmm!
Time to stand up & be counted
[JiF]Mentat
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Mentat »

My mother had a belt... and she would use it.
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

Post by Lonewolf-McQuade »

After having taught in a public school system for the last few years, I can tell you that a HUGE part of the problem is that both parents are busy working, and often parents are leaving important parts of upbringing to school systems. Things like morals and ethics education are being left to public workers to pass on. Children are less accountable to parents because many are busy working to support the household.

The one thing that young people do have in their favor nowadays is that they question authority, they do not take information at face value. They also expect to be respected as individuals despite their age and experience difference. It probably is the metamorphosis of a mentality shift llearned & passed down from the baby boomers. If we could only now teach them the ideas of appropriateness and to value experience but to keep a curious (almost cynical) approach. Kids nowadays are tougher, and also have a lot more to deal with at such young ages.
[JiF]WinkyDeathKill
Forum User

Post by [JiF]WinkyDeathKill »

[JiF]Lonewolf-McQuade wrote:After having taught in a public school system for the last few years, I can tell you that a HUGE part of the problem is that both parents are busy working, and often parents are leaving important parts of upbringing to school systems. Things like morals and ethics education are being left to public workers to pass on. Children are less accountable to parents because many are busy working to support the household.

The one thing that young people do have in their favor nowadays is that they question authority, they do not take information at face value. They also expect to be respected as individuals despite their age and experience difference. It probably is the metamorphosis of a mentality shift llearned & passed down from the baby boomers. If we could only now teach them the ideas of appropriateness and to value experience but to keep a curious (almost cynical) approach. Kids nowadays are tougher, and also have a lot more to deal with at such young ages.
Wolf!
I din't know you had it in you! No wonder you just want to kill at the end of the day, you're a teacher!!!! lol :lol:
Seriously, my hats off to ya man, I could never do what you do. Teaching takes such incredible patience these days with all the issues described above, I think I'd go postal by the end of the first week in the public school system. I'll put you up on my list with military vets and cops for respect.
Takes a strong man to pass on the desire to learn these days in our classrooms.

Salute!
The Winky
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

I side with winky here and tip my hat to you man, you do a bang of a job !
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Kids are strange animals. The youth club I help run is planted in one of the worst areas of town. Large community of Commonwealth imigrants (Carribean, Indian & Pakistani). To look at them as a group from an outsider position they look very intimidating, you'd cross the road & walk in the other direction if you saw them coming along.
BUT We've got this club we set up at church to give them something to do on a Friday evening for a couple of hours. You know what they are actually a great bunch of kids. The boys come in & play soccer in the church & you get some real good chats! I think you just need to treat them as we were, they now respect discipline & will stop & listen when you ask them because they know you & know you treat them fairly.
I agree with Wolf that we are doing the job that absent parents should be doing, but heck someone needs to do it.