Possible scrim??

Would you like to have a match or scrim with us? We aren't a competition clan, but we do play well with others.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Re: Possible scrim??

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Usually we have a hard time filling a team. I only play if they are short. Probably should put a sign up list in the Jar.
It's 10 vs 10 right? I will put a post in the Jar.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

Yes, 10 v 10
2x 20 minute rounds
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

The sign up list for team JiF is here: JiF Scrim Sign Up Topic in the private section.
If not enough sign up from JiF, maybe they will open the team to forum members.
Prolly gonna want a captain. Don't we usually pick on Sly or Kelly for that?
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I took the liberty of taking who seemed interested from this forum and added them to the list in the private forum.
Please check it out and I will adjust as needed.
[JiF]evilhoosier
Forum User

Post by [JiF]evilhoosier »

We need a map for round 2 from you guys. We are still debating on uors LOL but looks like it might be either Bocage or Stalingrad not sure yet. We also need to agree on a tie breaker map. Looking forward to this fellas.
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

.::]MW[::.evilhoosier wrote:We need a map for round 2 from you guys. We are still debating on uors LOL but looks like it might be either Bocage or Stalingrad not sure yet. We also need to agree on a tie breaker map. Looking forward to this fellas.
I think we'll be able to get a map selected this week. Does it matter if it's vanilla or an expansion pack? I don't know if all your members have the expansion. Everyone that plays on JiF today has both.

We can limit it to Vanilla tho if that would keep people from joining. Or maybe a custom map (which we'd make sure everyone can download). Played quite a few good ones in 3FL.
[JiF]evilhoosier
Forum User

As far as expansion packs we have a few members who don't have them. Now custom maps we have plenty of my friend so a map like that would be ok. As long as we knew shortly what it is so we can make sure everyone our way has it and so on. So just let me know or e-mail me at evilhoosier at clanmostwanted.com
[JiF]evilhoosier
Forum User

Well fellas we have our ten and then some. Let me know what's up, ok???
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

.::]MW[::.evilhoosier wrote:Well fellas we have our ten and then some. Let me know what's up, ok???
We have 10 + backups. Still working on the map. Playing on the JiF server, right? We'll make sure auto team switching and auto kick is off and rounds are set to 20 minutes a pop. FF is on. Will start on reset after both sides are ready to rumble. If someone has connection problems and gets booted we play on and they are welcome to rejoin but no 'new' players midgame. Can't think of any other server rules but if you can let me know.

Can switch out players between maps to let everyone play if more than 10 want to (we've got more signed up but usually a few end up forced to do chores by the wife/husband and can't play :))
[JiF]evilhoosier
Forum User

Sure we can do it on your server no problem. I also concur on all the rules stipulated. Should be good fun for all.
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

.::]MW[::.evilhoosier wrote:Sure we can do it on your server no problem. I also concur on all the rules stipulated. Should be good fun for all.
Cool. If you've got people who haven't played on it who plan on scrimming encourage them to test it out before the day - make sure they don't get bad pings/connections.

Oh and for the tiebreaker I'm racking my brain for the most balanced map. I'm leaning towards Battleaxe. Pretty sure neither side has a big advantage there but we can let the team who had the most total points pick which side they want.
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

[JiF]Sly Gambit wrote:Playing on the JiF server, right? We'll make sure auto team switching and auto kick is off and rounds are set to 20 minutes a pop. FF is on. Will start on reset after both sides are ready to rumble. If someone has connection problems and gets booted we play on and they are welcome to rejoin but no 'new' players midgame. Can't think of any other server rules but if you can let me know.

Can switch out players between maps to let everyone play if more than 10 want to (we've got more signed up but usually a few end up forced to do chores by the wife/husband and can't play :))
Just a helpful setting to help with the occasional riff-raff, turn off the auto-eject for minus score as there is always some TKing banter before the match starts and people rapidly rack up a high minus score !

Also, to put it all as a real fight, set the scope distance to 50 for both. It makes people think twice before shooting (like a real war) and forces tHem to use the mini-map and TS a whole lot.

Have fun guys !
[JiF]evilhoosier
Forum User

Not going to happen fellas sorry. Did not mean to get your hopes up and then dash them. Again I apologize and maybe we can do it some other time.
Last edited by [JiF]evilhoosier on Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Sorry to hear that Hoosier. Good luck.

Maybe we could have a smooth vs crunchy scrim filling in with some non-JiF regulars...
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.