League matches

Would you like to have a match or scrim with us? We aren't a competition clan, but we do play well with others.
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

League matches

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

I couldn't help but notice while browsing on some other clan's forums the other day that some JiF'ers once ago used to compete in some 'organized' league for fun. If some of your members still enjoys friendly, mature (no one under 18 and no smacktards, no matter the age) competition, have a look at the league in which my community is part. It's nothing like the old (or even the new) TWL.

I'm pitching for it as it encompasses competitions in all fields of BF (from 1942 to 2142), CoD a and TF2. I myself am the league admin for BFCL's 2142 division. New teams are always welcome and I've been pubbing on JiF's 1942 server long enough to know what kind of a class act you guys are.

So just go browse on the BFCL official website, it costs nothing (no donations asked) as we are sponsored, and see if anything may interest JiF. I think you guys could field a good 5v5 infantry only or even a 8v8 full combat team in the 1942 division.

And if some of you guys enjoy jeep racing, we've got that as well !

Any how, have a peek and enjoy.

http://www.bfcl.info/main.html
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Re: League matches

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

I moved this over to our Match forum but left a shadow for people to find it. Been so long since anyone even talked about matches that this forum needs the action. ;)

We played in the 3FL for a while (2 seasons?) until that league went from non-competitive fun scrimming to very-competiive and if you don't practice you're not going to have fun. We played in a small infantry only (8x8?) BF2 league there as well but had trouble getting enough commitments but the partial BF2 migration along with a renewed interest in FH kinda killed any ability for us to put together a full BF42 team.

I'm sure there would be some interest in it - especially an infantry only league. I doubt we have the kind of piloting that you need to be competitive to play in full matches but if there's enough interest we'll see what happens.
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

Thanks for this, I never even noticed the forum existed, but hey I'm not at my first wrong area !

You'd be surprised at the map we use for 8v8, only one has plane, it's mainly tanks and other vehicules. You can take a look at the 1942 division as the 8v8 is set to go soon and have a look at the maps used. A lot are custom made for the league by guys in SoC, TLS and others clans/community.

And on a side note, if it was too competitive, I wouldn't play either, it has to be fun without being pwned all the time !
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

Sir Die-a-lot wrote:Thanks for this, I never even noticed the forum existed, but hey I'm not at my first wrong area !

You'd be surprised at the map we use for 8v8, only one has plane, it's mainly tanks and other vehicules. You can take a look at the 1942 division as the 8v8 is set to go soon and have a look at the maps used. A lot are custom made for the league by guys in SoC, TLS and others clans/community.

And on a side note, if it was too competitive, I wouldn't play either, it has to be fun without being pwned all the time !
We played a few season in the 3FL, '42 and BF2, but as Sly said, we had trouble fielding teams. From my understanding, all 3FL teams, active or in JiF's case, inactive, are grandfathered into the BFCL? I registered on the site and looked around a bit.

When does the 8 v 8 BF42 league start up and what nights are the matches? We have a lot of new members that maybe up for playing.
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

I bumped this post to Rumbin' Mutt, the BF1942 division manager, he'll get in touch with you for all these details and fill you in on the how and when
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

Sounds like fun, please keep us posted.
I assume that anyone interested will need teamspeak.
So any of you that are also interested and dont have it, get it!
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

Bingo
[JiF]EA
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]EA »

I'm down for infantry, but my bf skills are a little rusty, so you wouldn't want me on a full combat team.
I'm working on solving the gas crisis.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

Corn here reporting for duty! 8)
RumblinMutt
New User

Post by RumblinMutt »

Hello all. If you guys are interested in some 1942 action you should definitely take a look at BFCL. We are a mature gaming league and I feel will probably be the last standing arena for 1942 matches (at least in the U.S. that is).

Feel free to stop in our forums at:
http://www.bfcl.info/phpBB2/portal.php

There is also our main website where you can find our rules and more detailed info about our league:
http://www.bfcl.info/main.html

1942 competitions:
http://www.bfcl.info/bf1942.html

Our league Ideals:

"Battlefield Conquest League is a competitive Battlefield league based on fun and fair play. Our mission is to provide a fun and competitive atmosphere to play the games we enjoy while maintaining a high standard of friendship and sportsmanship among our teams. Because we place fun and fairness above all other aspects of competition we select the teams we allow to compete here very carefully. New teams are expected to demonstrate their ability to fit into the ideals of the league. Entry may not be easy but it is well worth the effort as we have the fiercest competition between some of the most well respected teams that play the game."

Well, look it over and let me know if you have any questions.
[JiF]Pvt. Harrick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Pvt. Harrick »

Pvt. H here, put me down for infantry
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it."