LAN Party in Hudson February 15 - 17

Want to get together to have some fun? No this is not a dating forum, but Lan Parties, Paintball, Cookouts, etc.
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Re: LAN Party in Hudson February 15 - 17

Post by [JiF]rIot »

And out of all these prizes, I still won't win anything, but I guess winning nothing is better then knowing that you could have won a processor but walked home with a cpu fan... :lol: ;)
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

$31,000 ! :shock:
10 Quad Cores ! :shock:

rIot, you have a much better chance of winning something this time around because theres more prizes and less people ! :D
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

Oh, and here are the tournaments:
Ok, you have asked for it and here it is, we will be running the following Tournaments, Offical rules and further information will be posted, Keep and eye on the Tournaments Tab.

W.O.W 3 -v- 3 / TF2 6 -v- 6 / CS:S 5 -v- 5
Looks like we have enough for a TF2 team :D
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

I think all of us have enough experience in TF2 to actually do pretty good too, nothin like last years BF2 tourny, LOL!
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

Are we suppose to register for the tournaments ?
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

I dunno, I did not see anything about it. Maybe they are gonna wing it, but after playing TF2 with Beezer and rIot last night we don't have a shot :lol:
[JiF]Beezer
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Beezer »

HAHA ask rIot I was having a bad night last night, thats why I stopped lol!
Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play.
-Immanuel Kant

ImageImage
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

Grimp, I was merely practicing TF2 with a blindfold on!
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

OFFICIAL:Team Fortress 2 6v6 Rules
Achilles
Feb 12, 3:23 PM* Matches will be played using each maps unique set of rules.
* Teams must register a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the tournament (so we can create brackets)
* Gamers can only be on one team.
* Teams must have (6) six members no exceptions.
* No team member substitutions (for any reason)
* Teams must register all members with names and handles and with one team captain.
* Team captains may choose to be contacted via text messages 15 minutes prior to their match or can choose to listen to Spazz announce their team name.
* If a team is later than 5 minutes they will forfeit.
* It is the teams responsibility to know which server they are scheduled on and when. (We do have a projector for the schedule correct?)
* No makeup matches are allowed.
* SourceTV will be enabled at the Server Administrator's discretion with a minimum of 90 second delay.
* Teams should have (6) six members in the server by the agreed upon time. If all (6) six members of a team are not present, it is an immediate forfeit.
* Disputes should not be made public knowledge and must be brought to the server administrator. The server administrator's word is final.
* Server Rule disputes must happen prior to the start of the match, no changes can be made after a match has started.
* Maps will be scheduled after registration has been closed. (Server Administrator's will choose prior to the start of the tournament, no disputes will be honored regarding map choices after the Tournament has started).
* Screen shots are highly recommended however they are not required. We will follow the phrase "guilty until proven innocent". It is strongly encouraged to follow CAL rules for screenshots. A screenshot & strategy round will be allowed. To skip this both Team Captains must specify they are ready. If you do not know the recommended screen shot rules see http://www.caleague.com/?division=tf2&page=rules#2.60 to find out what CAL recommends. It is up to the Server Administrator to decide of the dispute has any merit and if the cheating too place.
* To see a full list of CAL rules visit http://www.caleague.com/?division=tf2&page=rules (Please note, some rules are not appropriate for LAN play and are null and void, however the majority are allowed. If you have questions ask your Server Administrator prior to the start of your match).

*Maps and specific map rules:

ctf_fort2
• Two 30 minute halves, the team with the most points after 60 minutes wins the match. If it’s still tied after 60 minutes, the match goes to sudden death overtime, where the next flag cap wins the match.

cp_gravelpit
• Each team is to play two sets. If, after two sets, the teams are tied, the first team to win the next set outright (defined as successfully capping all control points on offense and defending at least one control point on defense, within one set), is declared the winner.

cp_dustbowl
• Each team is to play two sets. If, after two sets, the teams are tied, the first team to win the next set outright (defined as successfully capping all control points on offense and defending at least one control point on defense, within one set), is declared the winner.

cp_granary
• Play to 3 points or 30 minutes and switch sides. The first team to 4 points or the team with the most points after 60 minutes wins the match.

cp_well
• Play to 3 points or 30 minutes and switch sides. The first team to 4 points or the team with the most points after 60 minutes wins the match.

All CP maps will be played until one team reaches the amount of points need for that specific map. If the time limit expires, the score of the match will be reported as the score when the time limit expires.

* Class Restrictions:
The following are the maximum amount of each class a team may use at any given time:
• 2 Soldiers
• 2 Pyros
• 2 Scouts
• 2 Snipers
• 1 Medic
• 1 Heavy
• 1 Spy
• 1 Demo-man
• 1 Engineer

If at any time during the match a team uses more than the allowed amount of any class, the round in which the violation occurred will be overturned.

* Players are expected to know ALL rules before starting play. The excuse “I did not know that was a rule” is not valid and will result in an overturn. All rule are based off of the official CAL rules and all interpretations are at the discretion of the admins.

Any other questions or concerns will need to be brought to my attention prior to tournament bracket creation. I can be reached via the forums, email (MyBoredMind@gmail.com) or IRC (#LPANE irc.GameSurge.net).
Assuming all 5 of us JiF players play the TF2 tournament, who is going to be the 6th person? One of the BDU guys? Need to ask one of my roommates?
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

It seems very complicated to me :)
Depending on when they start the games, we maybe alble to just grab who is sitting at a PC.
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

Something we may want to keep an eye on is the class restrictions. What is everyone's (who's going) favorite class?
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Let me think, I am pretty good at playing a dead. When not dead I like engy, soldier and pyro.
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

[JiF][AARP]Grimp wrote:Let me think, I am pretty good at playing a dead...
That class takes excellent skill to master.
[JiF]Beezer
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Beezer »

I'd play either sniper, engy, or scout! A tourney sounds like fun!
Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play.
-Immanuel Kant

ImageImage
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

I'll be a med for a heavy