TF2 Stats

Topics about Valve's various Half-Life games and mods
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

TF2 Stats

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Just wanted to start a topic for the stats mod running on the server. The one I am using is called HLStatsX and from what I can tell comes in two flavors, a free community edition, and a premium hosted edition. Obviously I'm using the free one, but it looks as though the author has gotten greedy and stopped updating the free one. Whenever someone asks about a feature in his forums the answer is typically "That is supported in the premium edition only." For example, a simple thing like only ranking players with more than 1 hour of playtime is not an option in the free version, but hey...works in the premium version.... I'm pretty disappointed with the author at this point, but I can't find any other stats that are real-time and give you feedback in game. :? So seeing as this is open source I may play around with some queries myself.

In the meantime, I have changed the points lost when killed to a quarter of the points gained by the killer. I can turn off the lose of points completely but I think there needs to be some way of losing points. :) If you notice something that seems unbalanced let me know and I'll take a look. I may end up resetting the stats today or this weekend once I get it set up the way we want it.

I don't know if any of you remember Psychostats but it's still around and now works with tf2. It processes stats on a schedule by downloading the logs from the server. I may get that running as well so we can compare them and choose the one that best fits our needs.

You can view the stats at http://hlstats.mike3d.net
ImageImage
[JiF]Smuckers
Forum User

Re: TF2 Stats

Post by [JiF]Smuckers »

I went to this site to see how I ranked http://www.hlstatsx.com/global_stats?en ... _type=name
It shows [JiF]Chaser on there. Does anyone have him on the buddy list?
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Headshots and Hitbox

The stats I have set up support tracking headshots and a hitbox. However I had some trouble figuring out how to enable them. I think they are now enabled but no one has been on the server since I made the changes to know for sure. :)
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

[JiF]Smuckers wrote:I went to this site to see how I ranked http://www.hlstatsx.com/global_stats?en ... _type=name
It shows [JiF]Chaser on there. Does anyone have him on the buddy list?

Didn't even know he was playing still :shock:
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

can't wait to play TF2 again, reformatted the PC yesterday and last night it was 35% done, I can only hope its done dling for when I get home!