Reliable Flash Drive For Under $40?

Speaks for itself
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Reliable Flash Drive For Under $40?

Post by [JiF]rIot »

Anyone have any reviews? Im taking C++ this semester and need to find a decent flash drive for cheap money!
[JiF]Mentat
Forum User

Re: Reliable Flash Drive For Under $40?

Post by [JiF]Mentat »

[JiF]Beezer
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Beezer »

rofl
Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play.
-Immanuel Kant

ImageImage
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

Haha, very nice.

SanDisk's Cruzers are good in my opinion. I bought mine 2 months ago and have put it on my key chain (which is on my lanyard). It has gotten a tough beating and has held up well.
[JiF]Beej1024
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Beej1024 »

From a security point, I hate anything with U3 on it. I dont like code running on my PC without my approval. u3 is too much like a rootkit for my liking, but I am a snob too...
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

I used to have a flash drive with U3 and I hated it. Some pc's weren't compatible w/ it...
[JiF]Lonewolf
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lonewolf »

I use a WD Passport pocket drive, its a little larger then a thumb drive but its also a 6GB drive. I have put it through a beating and it still works fine and I have had it almost 2 years now. It has been in the mud from when I went 4 wheeling and just a couple of months ago it was in the lake when we was building a bank support around it and I jumped in to hold the steel frames in place so we could bolt them together and I forgot I had it in my pocket and I was chest deep in the water for about 20 minutes and it still works fine.

I'm not sure of the price now but I gave $50 for mine in February of 2006 so they should be cheaper now I would think.

I just looked at Amazon and they have them for $51.99 which is a little more then what your wanting to pay but for me its worth the extra after I have seen what mine has went through and still works fine.
You must be young and stupid before you can be old and wise.
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

[JiF]Beej1024 wrote:From a security point, I hate anything with U3 on it. I dont like code running on my PC without my approval. u3 is too much like a rootkit for my liking, but I am a snob too...
Heh, I don't use it on Windows computers so I haven't noticed.. When I got it I formatted it and put a Linux partition on it.

I'll keep note though.