Funny ways to get taken out

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Re: Funny ways to get taken out

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

[JiF]LtComStarbuck wrote:Tonight flying a Mustang I swooped in for a low level strafing run. Did not hit the ground but somehow got close enough to it to trigger a landmine. Boom! I saw all the mines on the road but had no idea I could be blown up by one flying over them.
Flying close to the ground automatically drops the landing gear, which is probably why you copped it. With a good headset you can hear the gear go up & down.
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

Unfortunately my opponent got the better of me in a particular duel, but I have to appreciate JiF_Mini Rambo on the way he took me out: I'm in a tank near a beach and ahead of me I see an abandoned plane come down and an empty minimap, so I know an enemy pilot has just bailed, I swing the turret around and barely yards away there's Mini Rambo descending by parachute with a bazooka aimed up the rear end of my tank. Result - 100% healthy sherman goes up in smoke with me in it :(
That either portrayed a sadistic streak or he's just rubbish at aiming his bombs from a plane :lol:
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

War Trophy wrote:That either portrayed a sadistic streak or he's just rubbish at aiming his bombs from a plane :lol:
Mini is a pilot in training but an Ace with the bazooka.
I think he would do well as a wing man shooting his bazooka but not having to fly the plane. :lol:
KodeRed
New User

Post by KodeRed »

[JiF]LtComStarbuck wrote:Tonight flying a Mustang I swooped in for a low level strafing run. Did not hit the ground but somehow got close enough to it to trigger a landmine. Boom! I saw all the mines on the road but had no idea I could be blown up by one flying over them.

I have thrown mines twice to kill a plane trying to "wing clip" me. I even lived through one of them!! :)

On bocage I was in a Mustang and I "wing clipped" the wespe.. It is amazing how strong the wings are!! :o I expected to trade a kill for a kill.. But, when I hit it.. It just took all my speed away. I killed the wespe driver, had maybe one bar of plane health gone, and I was flying (kind of) at an odd angle where I promptly ran into the sawmill and died. :mrgreen: It ended what would have been a much better story (me living :) ).. A friend and I recreated the incident, and yes the wings are that strong.. However, I was not able to keep any kind of airspeed upon collision causing me to crash into the ground each time. :(
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtWaterboy »

[JiF][AARP]Tissueman wrote:
Gotub wrote:First Time i took out a plane with a bazooka was today. Mosty luck but Waterboy was in the plane so its skill :)
Brings a tear to my eye. Thank you for making an old man happy. :D
Gotub wouldnt participate in the ole, "wing decapitation kill" that I became so enamored by.... ;)

LT
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtWaterboy »

[JiF]Sly Gambit wrote:On the RTR map whose name I always forget.
Anzio.... Just ask a dumb Italian like me... ;)

LT

ps. I luv that map... know I have a new reason to luv it..... phantom potholes for Sly!!! 8)
[JiF]Djsmg
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Djsmg »

Time to re-open this thread.

Last night on CMM. Ended up in the Dambuster map, in a jeep as a passenger with BisonBurger as the driver at the top base. Bison plans to bail off at the top of the dam in the jeep, I agree with it. As we get closer to the dam I open up team chat (I think it was team chat anyways) and Bison drives over the dam.

Im hammering the keyboard trying to bail and couldn't figure out why I wasn't leaving the jeep. Just before impact I hit enter and exploded.

The message that appeared looked like "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee999e9e9e9e9e9".

Well atleast I was hitting the right keys. I hope Bison didn't get a teamkill for that...
I have decided to produce and sell a strong alcoholic drink called "Responsibly".
That way everyone in the country can get wasted drinking Responsibly.
And all the other drinks makers will be advertising for me on their cans with the slogan "please drink Responsibly".
Probably will annoy the government as well.
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

LMAO
Shalghar
Forum User

Post by Shalghar »

Uh yeah, i also have the tendency to be "magnetic" if it comes to AA and shooting planes. ;)

Great stuff is the "lifted" landing boat. Submarine going up under a damaged landing boat and keeping speed so noone can get out until the landing boat blows up.

Getting hit by a wasserfall rocket in the landing boat is an astonishing experience. Either youre getting pushed back and sometimes die by the impacts although the boat survived or you get spinning round.

Getting hit by bots through walls, sandbags, other "solid" stuff (even mountains) is online glory, never experienced that at singleplayer or LAN.
Also, "falling" down knee high places and dying is one of those wonders i´ve experienced online only.

But finding a player unable to open the hatch on a landing boat (i waited about a minute on iwo jima beach) is a new dimension of sitting duck. He didnt like me when i threw that nade into his boat but the corpse had a beautiful trajectory and at least he got out that boat. ;)
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

This thread is a blast from the past, but deserves to be bumped after what I saw last night on the server:

On El Alamein I see Corn racing across the desert in a Wespe towards my position, so I call in air support. A pilot swoops down and bombs him but Corn manages to jump out before the explosion and starts running for his life.
But the pilot swings around and heads straight at Corn at ground level, planning to take him out with a wing. At the last second, as he's about to hit, Corn throws a landmine into the air. BOOM! One spitfire spread out all over the desert!

Thanks for another classic bf42 moment Corn! :pada: :pada:
[JiF]rix
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rix »

That is soo creative, did you survive it corn? You've became a über-engie. (=almost nirvana in BF1942-land)
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

Once on Gazala, i was axis, Tristan was allied. Tristan was circling over the Axs AF. I had a zook and i wanted his attention. He started bombing me and i missed all the time with my zook. In the end he kept wing clipping me. After 13 kills of him i jumped over his wing when he tried to run over me.
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

And, once on Bocage, i was an engy and i sat on Gibs tiger tank(repairing him when needed). And on the road of the right side of the windmill. (looking at Allied main) Gib spotted a mustang taking off. When it was about to pass the windmill at the other side.(that means the left side) he aimed at the other side of the mill and the mustang was not to see, since it was behind the mill and he got the mustang with the main gun. :shock:
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

We laughed so hard!!!! :lol:
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
TOOKIE GOODNITE
Forum User

Post by TOOKIE GOODNITE »

One of my favorite "tricks" is to get the SBD or archival on Iwa Jima and clip the flagpole on mount Sar... & do donuts with guns a blazin!