A little server advice...

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Re: A little server advice...

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

Hey Doom, your advice and opinion are always welcome, but the tone and attitude you brought with it was not and that was what many responded to. Considering your past transgressions and previous ban(s), my advice to you would be to use a little more tact when posting here.
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]Daterminaytah
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Daterminaytah »

OMG theres other servers???...... i been here so long i forgot :P oh well AINT MISSIN MUCH ...long live and prosper CMM
[JiF]Sgt. hUTCHIE
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt. hUTCHIE »

I am going to make the assumption that English is not your native language Doom and say that I respect your opinion but do not agree with it. Nor would I like to see it implemented.

Personally I don't care about filling the slots. We are probably about right on numbers as our admins like to play the game rather than admin all the time.
It's good when we get a nice bunch of people who play well together. Whether that is 10 players or 20 players is not that important. Whether our server is up the rankings or not is even less important.

Custom map Mondays emphasise that Jif is about variety. You see there's Crunchy and there's Smooth....

Enjoy.

hUTCHIE.
Image Try a drop of the hard stuff....
suntzu
Repeat Visitor

Post by suntzu »

hello

advices:

- i dont play jiff server on monday because of maps (like so many others i dont play or play other servers ..:-)

- set more wake, phillies, road to rome and most of all arsenal secret maps instead of (berlin, midway, guadalcanal, el alamein .. that are so bad to me :-)

- add some bofors in maps with numerous planes (cause 70 % of the games are about being bombed py planes)
( players that use plane bombing can reach incredible scores and are simply the ones in top rank stats)
(playing a "battlefield" game when you continuously get bombed while in jeep, tank or trooper is REALLY BORING )
( set your server to more fair conditions, add bofors so that we can fight backs planes)

- a lot of games are ruined by one pilot that have fun bombing all the others ennemy players
very easy since you just have to look at map and randomly bomb the ennemy flag

- franckly i like your server, but i see many , many players getting in, and soon gettin out of the server.. why ?

i think cause too many games turn into base raping

try to understand what leads to that and fight it... your server will become more fun , players will stay longer ..

thats my opinion

a fun game is when both teams are quite even, when best players play in different teams and not 7 jiff players agaisnt others .. :-)

all rape-scenario are un-fun
un -fun for those who get raped
un-fun for me even when i rape myself i dont like that

those who like raping are weak persons

best vibes
Darkside
New User

Post by Darkside »

I just got to say that I love CMM, just beacuse it's diffrent ! Not "just the same old maps" over and over, keep at it good people of Jif
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Darkside wrote:I just got to say that I love CMM, just beacuse it's diffrent ! Not "just the same old maps" over and over, keep at it good people of Jif
You're not wrong there chap!
I think that was the aim of CMM. It used to be on a Sunday, but we decided that we were losing people who just wanted to play the regular stuff & Sunday was a popular day for that. So Monday was identified as the quietest day of the week when it would be more suitable to run a different set of maps for those that wanted to play something else for a change.
[JiF]Blind Trooper
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Blind Trooper »

Sun Tzu,

Not gonna lie, I love Battleaxe and Kursk and all those other "raping" maps. Why? Because it builds teamwork. I'll happily switch sides to the raped team and help them get out of a situation. It's way more fun foiling an overconfident side then just kickin people while they're done (although I admit, I occasionally will stay on the one side... :D )

If you ever want to truly practice coordinating and learning how to adapt to mesh well with others, let the other team take the base and start uncap raping. Then get out of that. Sure, it sucks the first couples times as you're learning, but when you finally push them back so hard, you win....that's an epic feeling ^_^
"We are about to witness the inverse relationship between the number of answers you give me and the number of times I stab you." ~BM

[JiF]Melon Farmer
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Melon Farmer »

CMM rules! But, let's include more maps in the regular rotation.
Incoming fire has the right of way!

[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

I don't mind being base raped that much unless it's Berlin and the other team gets to the tanks first. It's almost impossible to get through that alley when there's alot of people. The others are ok as long as your team does'nt spend all their time killing the other team in the base and everyone sneaks out to get the flags. The other team is then left blowing up the stuff in the base while my team takes all their flags. :shoot: :shock:

.oO Cowhide Oo.

P.S. I like the monday maps cuz its a nice break from the regular maps. I really like some of the maps the Jiffer's are praticing on and hope some of those get incorporated into the monday maps sometime in the future. Maybe you guys can alternate mondays with the ones you have now and the new ones. And about the server rankings......as far as I know you don't get a cash prize for being #1, in my eyes the JIF server is #1 to me. :viva:
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Last night was a good case in point about Mondays & what it is really about.
I joined in the middle of Ortona where it was pistols & knives only, excellent stuff. We then had a game of Stonehenge CTF. I mean come on what other server is going to offer that sort of fun?
I guess some people miss the point of what we are here for. It does what it says on the jar. Just in Fun!!
[JiF]Navy_Seals
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Navy_Seals »

i agree with Gav last night was fun lol even when Boo Radley kept taking our tank and using it against us lol
[JiF]rix
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rix »

[JiF]Lt Gav wrote:...game of Stonehenge CTF. I...
wtf! Me and Hutchie tried to run Stonehedge coop earlier yesterday but our BF1942-programs crashed after loading the map. :shoot:
coop-mode doesn't work? CTF always work?
I wanna play Stonehedge!!!!! :o
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Sorry Rix but Stonehenge doesn't work in co-op mode for some reason.
CTF is always a good option though.
I sat on a bomb sheep & clicked the right button, BOOOOM oopsy wrong thing to try :lol: