Forum User

Re: Anyone playing CoD 4?

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

Just in case ! 8)
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

Ok. Playing this on 'Veteran' is... ummm.

IT'S FREAKIN' HARD.

:)

It's still pretty darn satisfying though. You play some parts of missions that were a cakewalk on the last one, like when you fired the side gun from the blackhawk while flying over the mideast city, that suddenly become difficult. If you're not aware of everything around you then you're going to die.

My reaction time for these things is getting pretty ridiculous. I fire head shots with the AK47 (which doesn't have an optic site - just a metal site at the end of the gun) repeatedly from distances where I can barely see the enemy. If I don't I die. I have to constantly remain completely covered or else someone from some angle takes me out. On some missions I'm running out of ammo pretty quick because I'm not moving up fast enough. I've had to tweak my controls to get slightly better key placement so that 1/6th of a second it takes for flip my pinky to the shift key gets eliminated by shifting the run to the control key.

Oh and moving from one spot to another requires that I take out a series of guys REALLY fast and then sprint to the next spot. Even then the new spawnings have already appeared meaning a lot of the time they're leaning up against the opposite side of the wall I just moved against for cover.

Far and away the funnest single player FPS I've ever played. I think I'm about halfway through. Guess all this time popping headshots with the engy rifles in BF1942 is finally coming in handy. :)

I'm off work for 4 days this weekend so I'll probably finish the single player this weekend and move onto multi-player. Hope it doesn't let the other guys spawn as fast as it does the bots. :)
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtWaterboy »

Dude,

Have you gotten to the guilley suit (spelling??)/sniper mission yet??

Oh it looked and was so frickin phenomenal with my rig!!! The detail and blending was great (if you havent gotten to it yt, I wont give away anything!).

ps. I did finish it too. so now its gears of war (which installed with an error!!) and finished blacksite:area 51.

LT
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

[JiF]LtWaterboy wrote:Dude,

Have you gotten to the guilley suit (spelling??)/sniper mission yet??
LT I already finished the game on 'Hardened' - the second hardest difficulty level. I'm replaying it. And teh Sniper mission was awesome right up to the final 'fight' where I was forced to kill about 100 guys myself and had to replay that a dozen or so times. I am so not looking forward to that one on Veteran.

You did play the 'bonus' mission that comes after the credits, right?
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

oops...forgot you went thru it already...

and if you mean the plane hostage scene, yes...took me awhile to figure out the trick.

been busy with installing Gears of War. Had probs & finally fixed it - not too impressed (very laggy even on MY system in single player mode).

LT

ps. havent done any of the unlocked stuff yet - Kelly was over here and I was showin him what a REAL computer looked like... ;)
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

Waterboy has an awesome system! I'm looking on my puny 20" monitor...that 32" is just insane!

I'll be getting COD4 soon, lucky for me a couple of Christmas sweaters didn't fit (my ape arms were too long) so will get it instead.
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Kel,

I'm now playing around with my "christmas lights" on it... ;)

Just read the manual on how to control the LED's on the front, back, and internal cooling system.

You can set whatever color you want, make them transition (ie flash, etc), and a bunch of other cool things.. :)

LT
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

The ferris wheel part was the worst, oh gezz.

Worst feeling ever is when you quick save when a grenade detonates.. Awesome.

Heh. Yeah the ferris wheel part is the worst. I'm almost there on Veteran. Pretty sure that's gonna be where I stop. :)