does anyone work for raytheon or lockheed?

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
Iron_Feliks
Forum User

does anyone work for raytheon or lockheed?

Post by Iron_Feliks »

and can hook a man up with a job when he gets out of the army temporarily for a few years?
yeah.
anyways, everything is cool here in el paso.
im going to the middle east soon.
its all good.
i cant wait.
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Re: does anyone work for raytheon or lockheed?

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

We temporarily have Raytheon in town on a now and then basis. You see, all the optical guidance systems for the cruise missiles are designed and built by Raytheon-Hughes-Lights (formerly Hughes, formerly Lights, formerly Hughes-Lights, formerly Raytheon-Hughes-Lights, formerly Hughes-Raytheon...) just two blocks from my house but jobs are nearly impossible to come by. The company has been changing hands every year or so while Homeland Security decides whether or not it can keep on designing optical guidance systems. (It was pointed out to Homeland security that only two companies in the world can do this kind of work and neither reside in the US. The other is in Germany - eastern Germany. HS suggested that the plant be moved to the US but no one wanted to invite the scientists, researchers, engineers and technicians to go along. Without whom the equipment becomes nothing more then giant paper weights.)

Despite the fact that military work makes up a very very small share of what they do at Raytheon-Hughes-Lights (I had to check my watch to make sure I got that right) no corporate owner wants to be holding onto the optical company if HS decides against them. However, everyone is betting that if he next generation of cruise missiles are built this companies unique skills will be required to make the things fly, assuming they are allowed to help. So the the rotating ownership game continues each one holding the risk for a few months then passing it along.

It is the only major international company I've ever seen where the company name on the outside of the plant is done in those slide in letters usually reserved for half price sales at the local Kwiki Mart.

Oh yeah, the answer to your question is no, sorry I just always wanted to tell that story.
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

The company I worked for was owned by Raytheon once too then Hughes via another company owned by Hughes. We did the rotating names for a while. We have slacked off the name changing for a while.

Keep us posted about your progress. I would be very interested in hearing about the situation in the middle east from a soldiers perspective.
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

I work at Raytheon, but I doubt I have any power to get anyone hired, lol. Plus you seem to be a few thousand miles from the one I work at, that would be quite the commute xx
Iron_Feliks
Forum User

Post by Iron_Feliks »

well, heres my story:
Right now im at my unit.
im off duty and the drinking age on ft. bliss is 18.
my unit is going somewhere over there (cant say) sometime next year.
going anywhere from 15 to 24 months.
since im in the hq battery, my unit is going to be there for the max.
we are training constantly, everyday.
i can do anything to a launcher, basically.
fix, repair, break, pmcs, operate...yada yada yada
the thing about pulling out of iraq, well, thats a matter of perspective.
as you should well know (or to the best of my knowledge) all of the current presidential candidates are wanting to
pull the troops out of iraq.
well this is a matter that is bigger than they think. being poiticians they think they know everything anyways, but pulling out that many soldiers, not including the af, navy, usmc.
the man, gen. casey will have to develop a plan, that will take time.
time time time.
all im saying is the government is blah gay.
its gonna b awhile.

i think im gonna do my few years get ssg and go warrant officer. right now im trying to figure out how to get into thaad. prolly do that when i get back from over there.
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

Interesting what you say about how we can't just move the troops out overnight. Cause Hillary Clinton (and I'm no fan of hers by the way) just got into a fight with the Defense Dept when she asked if they had contingency plans for withdrawing from Iraq. They told her that she was reinforcing enemy propaganda by asking such questions. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19854182/
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

When you get there and are craving for some homemade "Grampa Grimp" brownies let me know I'll bake you some up and ship them over. Okay, maybe I will have Grama Grimp make them. That way you can actually eat them :wink:
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

Just on a side note, ^ that was Grimp's 1500th post! Congratulations! xx
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

WOW, I really need to shut up for a while and get a life :shock:
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

Lol, if you spent the amount of time geocaching as you do posting on the forums, I would have congratulated you on your 1500 discovered cache! :shock:
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

True and yet here I am posting again :D
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

[JiF][AARP]Grimp wrote:True and yet here I am posting again :D
Just wait till Meerkat Manor starts up again...you'll be at 2000 posts before you know it!
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

True. I can't resist the fury little tick infested animals.
[JiF]Dandyman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Dandyman »

I work for Raytheon and one of my guys just got back from Ft. Bliss. I have a suspicion that your current MOS might be right inline with what we do. Send me a PM as the date of your freedom approaches.
----
Dandy Deeds Done Dirt Cheap