Users...

Speaks for itself
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Users...

Post by [JiF]Mike »

So I come into the office today and start my daily tasks...and at about 10:20 the receptionist comes to me and asks about the printer upstairs. The people upstairs are going crazy because it's not working. This is the first I have head about it, and she tells me there's a message on it that says there are less than 1900 pages remaining but it won't print anything. The receptionist, who's not the person to talk to about these things can't run right up there so she passes it on to me..wondering all the while why no one has talked with me already. I go up there look at the screen and sure enough it says "Less than 1900 pages remaining"...and a couple of seconds later it says "press resume to continue." I press resume and the printer goes to ready status and is usable again. I just fail to understand why people don't have the patience to simply look at a message for more than 2 seconds. It was fairly obvious there was more to the message, they were just more interested in causing a huge scene about this complaining about the printer for 2 hours b4 it was fixed. :roll: Patience is not one of the things these "upstairs" people have, and I am growing tired of it. Unfortunately they don't come to me with the attitude I hear about so much...cause I wouldn't stand for it and will politely point out how irrational they are being. Maybe that's why they avoided me....they needed something to complain about.... <sigh>
ImageImage
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

Sounds like a mental health center...or human services ;)

A lot of the people I work with think the internet is on their harddrive :lol:
...and that's one of many just off the top of my head!
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

I know the feeling, quite well.. I'm working at my college at their Helpdesk (along with working with some Tier-2 groups such as with the Windows System Administrators) but we get quite the variety of calls. I always like the calls that start off with: "Is the the system down?"
:wink: