Hereos

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

It could be Hiro's dad has the power to teach people skills at an accelerated rate?

Oh, and Linderman did show off his power in an earlier episode, I think to Patrelli, he healed a dead flower.

And the one thing that does tire me a little about the show is the, "he/she's really a good guy, oh wait, no he/she's really a bad guy" back and forth.

They pulled that with Clair's dad and Ma Patrelli, and they almost tried it with Sylar. (He's not going to kill non-mutant innocents and he's going to stop Peter or Ted from blowing up NYC)
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

[JiF]KellysHero wrote:It could be Hiro's dad has the power to teach people skills at an accelerated rate?
I thought that too.
[JiF]KellysHero wrote:Oh, and Linderman did show off his power in an earlier episode, I think to Patrelli, he healed a dead flower.
Just like ET.
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

[JiF]KellysHero wrote:Oh, and Linderman did show off his power in an earlier episode, I think to Patrelli, he healed a dead flower.
I missed that. I was probably too busy rolling my eyes. ;)

The part about Hiro's dad being able to accellarate someone's learning curve is almost silly enough to be adopted by the writers. But his comments re: ascendence makes me think that he doesn't have any gifts and Hiro is the first. Maybe it just meant he's the first with a cool power.
[JiF]Dandyman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Dandyman »

I'm pretty confident in my assessment of what happened with the old guard. It seems clear to me that the three principle members of the old guard were Petrelli Sr., Linderman, and Mr. Nakamura. The fourth is quite obviously, Mama Petrelli, but to what extent is still up in the air. Based on what I saw in this past episode, there was rift between Linderman and Nakamura as how to best "save the world". The elder Petrelli's were quite obviously aligned with Linderman, at least initially. I strongly suspect that the Father got cold feet and killed himself. Mama, on the other hand, seems quite committed to Linderman's plan and has actively played a part in moving it along. Linderman went to great lengths to move things along, but so has Nakamura.

I interpreted Nakamura's statement of "ascension" to simply mean that he was waiting for one of his line to exhibit the qualities of Kinsei. I got the impression that the Nakamuras are descended from Kinsei and that Kinsei himself may have been a "hero". It is quite possible that Hiro is in many ways the second coming of the ancient samurai. Perhaps the training was simply bringing that part of him out.

That last part is a stretch, but what in this show isn't?

And the one thing that does tire me a little about the show is the, "he/she's really a good guy, oh wait, no he/she's really a bad guy" back and forth.

I couldn't disagree more. This is by far the greatest strength of the show. Without it the show would be the worst show on TV. You are arguing against the very thing that makes this storyline, as well as X-Men, and comics in general so great. This show does a fantastic job of demonstrating some rather complicated characters; each one being driven by a very specific goals and desires. Some characters like Peter, Hiro, and Parkman are motivated to do the right thing, but have boundaries. Others like Mr. Bennett, DL, and Ted would rather do good deeds than bad, but do not allow themselves to be constrained by moral codes when it interferes with their "mission". Meanwhile, characters like Linderman will stop at nothing to get what they want. There are however, a bunch of characters that can't be easily classified as good or evil. They might be misguided, duped, or naive, but they are not truly good or truly evil.
----
Dandy Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

[JiF]Dandyman wrote:Some characters like Peter, Hiro, and Parkman are motivated to do the right thing, but have boundaries. Others like Mr. Bennett, DL, and Ted would rather do good deeds than bad, but do not allow themselves to be constrained by moral codes when it interferes with their "mission". Meanwhile, characters like Linderman will stop at nothing to get what they want.
Hiro and Parkman are lawful good. Peter is neutral good. Bennett and DL are chaotic good. Linderman is chaotic evil.

Edit: Future Hiro is chaotic good. And we're probably about to watch Hiro transform from lawful to chaotic.
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

Heh.
[JiF]AlbieDamned wrote:Edit: Future Hiro is chaotic good. And we're probably about to watch Hiro transform from lawful to chaotic.
Not if he succeeds in stopping Sylar and saving Ando. Then he'll be the Hero he always dreamt of being and will not abandon the lawful path.

And Dandy I like your interpretation of Hiro's Magic Montage Training Session better than mine and the idea that they're descendents who all have the same abilities is probably a little far fetched since all the other families inherit different abilities, but it's still fairly cool.
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

Wow, great season finale! Very interesting indeed,

New bigger badder bogeyman,
Sylar appears to have lived and has slinked off to the sewers, how did they not see him slink off?
Peters brother is probably dead after flying Peter into orbit, Peter should be able to survive the fall.
DL looks like he'll survive...
Not sure how Parkman is going to make it...
Hiro's adventures look to be pretty interesting,
Did Hiro's dad want Hiro to stop the bomb? I could never tell one way or the other.

Peter is definitely more dangerous. If every time he's weakend he'll go supernova, that's bad, and look at all the new powers he might have picked up...
Jessica's speed and strength, DL's phasing, Micha's machine talk, Molly's locating ability...

What else does Peter have...
Radiation generation.
Telekenisis
Invisibility
Flying
Healing
Sylar's ability to cut people open and figure out how they work...
Going back in time and watching and having conversations???
Time travel

How many did I miss?
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtWaterboy »

I was slightly disappointed, but overall happy.

I like the new "super boogey" upcoming in future episodes.

Part I didnt like was Sylar slinking off potentially. I agree - how COULD they miss that!!

Just wish the last Lost episodes wrap things up soon..... ;)

LT

ps. you guys have a show coming out there in the midwest real soon.

It's called: Cicadas- The Return LMAO :lol:
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

Why didn't Peter just fly off in space himself? he had the power to...
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

I can't believe Peter would survive that- does he regenerate from a hundred thousand pieces spread over a ten mile radius?
Not likely imho.
But if he does, like Kelly said, he's going to be chocked full of powers.
Hell, with all those powers he may as well ascend...he's a god.
...er, wait, he already did that ;)

I was surprised Sylar survived, though, with all those powers, all he could do was crawl into a sewer??

It'll be interesting to see what this new super bad guys is all about.

Good stuff, I'm still hooked.
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

I thought the end was very rushed. I thought the climactic final confrontation with Sylar and the drama of whether the bomb would go off or not would take up almost the whole episode. Instead, it was barely the last 10 minutes.

The thing with Sylar crawling off into the sewer was stupid. Obviously someone would have seen that. Hiro being able to run his sword through Sylar was stupid. Obviously Sylar could have stopped that. I thought Hiro would have to use his power more directly to kill Sylar, like stop time, then stab him. And Peter relying on his brother to fly him off into space was stupid. Peter could have done that himself. He didn't need Nathan. He didn't need Claire either.

Nonetheless, I'm intrigued for next year. The moment the little girl started talking about someone worse than the boogeyman, I turned to my wife and said "here's the setup for next season". The thing with Hiro in feudal Japan looks interesting. It probably has something to do with his family's ancestry, and his father's mention of him "ascending". I'm very interested to find out more about the guy who Peter talked to in his dreams. I can't tell if he's good or evil. He could well be the new villain the little girl was scared of. Of course he's dead, which puts an interesting twist on things.
[JiF]Thos
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Thos »

The reason Peter didn't fly off on his own was because when he was going supernova, it took all his will to try to stop it. He says something like "I took his power, Nathan. I can't control it... I can't do anything" to Nathan too. On a side note, it looks like Peter can only use one power at a time. Can't remember seeing him use more than one at a time in previous episodes.

I didn't care for all the monologuing going on at the end...enough with the good-bye's and the I'm sorry's... Would have been a much better ending if Claire shoots the gun, but Nathan flies in and sweeps Peter away before the bullet hits...then they just fly up and BOOM. It's perfect feasible that Nathan released Peter in the air and flew to safety too...so I think Nathan will be back as well.
Last edited by [JiF]Thos on Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

The only good part in all the over-kill, goodbye dialogue, was:
"...oh, and Hiro?"
"Yes?"
"You totally look bad-ass!"
"Do you really think so??"

:lol: :lol:
[JiF]Beezer
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Beezer »

Great episode, but I can almost put money on the fact that no one really died!
Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play.
-Immanuel Kant

ImageImage
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

Well, what's his name, the bad-guy played by Malcolm McDowell, Linderman(?)
is certainly dead, half his skull and most of his brain is missing.

And the the other nuke guy- definitely permanently dead thanks to Sylar. He
was annoying anyway.

The shape changing lady is still alive, unless that right to the jaw killed her.
Perhaps in real life, but not on tv ;)

Be interesting to see grandma Petrelli's reaction to losing both her sons...
if they're really dead that is.