Hereos

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

Mohinder waited too long to shoot Syler, if he did it to begin w/ he could have actually killed him instead of Sylar using his powers to stop the bullet later on. But if I do remember so, Mohinder must survive, because he is shown time and time again in the seen where the explosion starts...
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF]rIot wrote:Mohinder waited too long to shoot Syler, if he did it to begin w/ he could have actually killed him instead of Sylar using his powers to stop the bullet later on. But if I do remember so, Mohinder must survive, because he is shown time and time again in the seen where the explosion starts...
But with this logic, it would mean that if Mohinder dies, then the explosion doesn't happen....right?
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

I'm upset because everyone's favorite character, Hiro, finally has his powers back and now we have to wait 6 weeks to see him do cool stuff with them again.
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtWaterboy »

[JiF]Stepovich wrote:
[JiF]rIot wrote:Mohinder waited too long to shoot Syler, if he did it to begin w/ he could have actually killed him instead of Sylar using his powers to stop the bullet later on. But if I do remember so, Mohinder must survive, because he is shown time and time again in the seen where the explosion starts...
But with this logic, it would mean that if Mohinder dies, then the explosion doesn't happen....right?
I just want to know in the real world, who would NOT have just decapitated Skylar right then and now when he had him drugged???

Really, he brutally killed your father, chopped off the heads of all the people you are trying to find, and played you like a fool when acting as the one dude he went to see....

comon now.... I know its all scripted but geesh!!!!

LT

ps. another great episode unlike BSG.... :wink:
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

No one watching the new episodes??
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

I watch it religiously :D
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

Of course we're watching. Last night's episode was particularly dark, I thought. That whole thing with Sylar's mother was disturbing.
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

[JiF]AlbieDamned wrote:Of course we're watching. Last night's episode was particularly dark, I thought. That whole thing with Sylar's mother was disturbing.
Well he is a psychotic killer. I wouldn't expect a tuna sandwich dinner with his mom would be anything bright and sunny...

I still don't understand Peter's power. It had seemed like he got the power when people used it around him (which explains why he's only gotten some powers from Sylar) but now he 'absorbs' Ted's nuke power just by being next to him? Which begs the question - if the Mom of Peter/Nathan has a power - and they way they make it sound she probably does - then wouldn't Peter have already gained it? Also did he ever meet the girl who Sylar killed who could convince people to do anything just by whispering to them? I gotta imagine the series would move a little if he could employ that power...

Oh and I'm starting to dislike Hiro. Sack up already.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF]Sly Gambit wrote:
Oh and I'm starting to dislike Hiro. Sack up already.
I agree! His geek personna was fun, but buck up already!
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

Why didn't Future Hiro just go back and kill Sylar? Why didn't Peter do it since he also had picked up Hiro's power?
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

[JiF]KellysHero wrote:Why didn't Future Hiro just go back and kill Sylar? Why didn't Peter do it since he also had picked up Hiro's power?
Well you can't think like that. Frankly ANY attempt by ANY sci-fi writer to included Time Travel in their stories fails on the merits. It's usually the point at which a series jumps the shark. Star Trek jumped the shark when they started using this to 'advance' their stories.

You just have to accept that it's a staple of storyline stupidity and ignore it.
[JiF]Dandyman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Dandyman »

Peter absorbs powers just by presence. The fact that they use it is just a trigger for him as to what the power is. For all we know he could have every power imaginable, but not know it himself. It is by other people using their abilities that he knows of them.

I'm not ready to dump on Hiro, only because you know that he must get a backbone soon. The question is, what will it take for him to get the courage? Somebody going to have to die? Ando? The other question that is buring for me is, Will Sylar die at the end of the season or will he be a long running character. It is hard to imagine any villain, storyline that could take his place. The downsides of keeping him around are:

- How do you 'NOT' have an episode with Sylar with all that has happened lately and will happen shortly?
- If you keep Sylar around for too long and then kill him off you introduce the potential for a real strong "Jump the Shark" moment.

One of the things I like about this show is the ability to lose and gain characters fairly easily. It is hard to imagine the show without Hiro or Peter, but other than that everybody is expendable. In many ways it is the very thing that has kept Law & Order alive for so long.
----
Dandy Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I read somewhere that the next season will have a new cast, new story.
ImageImage
[JiF]Dandyman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Dandyman »

Wow, now that would be both interesting and disappointing.
----
Dandy Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

If that happens Im gunna stop watching the show. No point on getting to know characters if every season they are going to use disposable ones.