Battlestar Galactica

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtWaterboy »

[JiF]AlbieDamned wrote:Yes Dave, I remember that story from the original BSG well. And I also thought they might be drawing from it last night. Once again, I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought the season finale was very good. I won't say excellent, because Apollo's long soliloquy during the trial was ridiculous. But other than that, it definitely left me wanting more.
Dave, is that with the dude who turned out to be "the devil"? Said he would lead them to earth if they put him in charge?
Where the noise from the white lights were deafening to the pilots and they got "abducted" onto the big crystal ship (ie they were "angels")?

BigJ,

yeah, I watch Dresden - not bad of a show at all. Claudia Black from Farscape & SG1 on the last episode.
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

[JiF]LtWaterboy wrote:
[JiF]AlbieDamned wrote:Yes Dave, I remember that story from the original BSG well. And I also thought they might be drawing from it last night. Once again, I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought the season finale was very good. I won't say excellent, because Apollo's long soliloquy during the trial was ridiculous. But other than that, it definitely left me wanting more.
Dave, is that with the dude who turned out to be "the devil"? Said he would lead them to earth if they put him in charge?
Where the noise from the white lights were deafening to the pilots and they got "abducted" onto the big crystal ship (ie they were "angels")?

Yes, that was the one. (And no, I'm not Dave :)).
[JiF]DispDave
Forum User

Post by [JiF]DispDave »

[JiF]LtWaterboy wrote:

BigJ,

yeah, I watch Dresden - not bad of a show at all. Claudia Black from Farscape & SG1 on the last episode.
Yup that's it......

And Dresden has been getting much better. I am in love with Murphy.....really.
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Audie Murphy?
[JiF]DispDave
Forum User

Post by [JiF]DispDave »

[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtWaterboy »

[JiF]DispDave wrote:Lt. Connie Murphy

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1395858/
not in luv with the vampire gal who runs the club??

thought u liked the exotic ones, D!! ;)

LT
[JiF]DispDave
Forum User

Post by [JiF]DispDave »

I like the chicks who carry guns and are hot!

Catherine Bell is still my ALL TIME FAVORITE!
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF]DispDave wrote:I like the chicks who carry guns and are hot!

Catherine Bell is still my ALL TIME FAVORITE!
I still think Scully was hot (xfiles)
Smart, hot and carries a gun....don't get much better than that ;)
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF]DispDave
Forum User

Post by [JiF]DispDave »

Scully was probably the first, but then you have to look at their "real life" stuff.

Gillian was a little freaky - not like that's a bad thing but no long term relationship potential there. Catherine (or as she likes me to call her - Cat) rides dirt bikes, camps, fishes and is very conservative politically. 'Nuff said.
[JiF]bigjohnson
Forum User

Post by [JiF]bigjohnson »

THAT BLUE CHICK FROM FARSCAPE..YUMMY. but staying on topic... Boomer is hot
[JiF]Melon Farmer
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Melon Farmer »

Listen guys, my wife is menopausal, and she's the last person I'd want to see with a gun, har har.
Incoming fire has the right of way!

[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

Melon Farmer wrote:Listen guys, my wife is menopausal, and she's the last person I'd want to see with a gun, har har.
:lol: :lol: :lol: .... :shock:
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Just recently caught up on this series. :)

I simply don't believe that those 4 are Cylons. I think it was in the first season they tested people...though it was Baltar that did the test they all passed. So unless he has known from the start that they are Cylons and hid it....they can't be. I'm thinking all 4 of the people were imprisoned on New Caprica and the Cylons did something to them...either cloned them...or implanted something. Whatever it is....it's not gonna be as simple as "they are Cylons."
ImageImage
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Ron Moore has said very clearly in a few interviews I read that they definitely are Cylons. But they are a different kind of Cylon, which among other things explains why the infamous Cylon detector wouldn't have caught them.

I have a theory. I think the dialogue in the final scene on the bridge is key. Tigh said to Adama something like "I'm here for you", and the president's assistant (I always forget her name) said something very similar to Roslin. I think this is foreshadowing human-Cylon cooperation. I think there's going to be some new, bigger threat preventing them from reaching Earth, and only through cooperation can they overcome it. The 4 human-cylons will lead the way in forging the cooperative relationship. Starbuck may be the 5th of the final 5, but I'm not sure. I'm also not sure what role Baltar will play.

The dream sequences in the opera house are difficult to interpret. Roslin, Sharon, Baltar, and Six were all desperately trying to protect Hera. This supports my theory in that they needed to cooperate to protect her. On the other hand, Baltar and Six seemed to be looking up in fear at the shiny cloaked images of what we presumed were the final 5. But if my theory is right, then the final 5 shouldn't be a threat. But maybe those figures represented something else, not the final 5. Or maybe I misinterpreted the scene, and the figures were there helping to protect Hera and company.
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

[JiF]AlbieDamned wrote:Or maybe I misinterpreted the scene, and the figures were there helping to protect Hera and company.
Or maybe the writers don't have a clue and don't really know what they're foreshadowing. They'll go the Wachowski brother's route with the Matrix series and just throw some cool stuff up against the wall whenever they're told the series is in its last season. Until they get to that last season they'll just invent one or two new 'markers' showing the path to Earth and then use lame soap opera sub-plots to kill time.