DAY Z

Someday when the standalone version is released we will get another server. Details will be posted here!
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Re: DAY Z

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

have a ural truck behind the martin military base. plz let it stay there is i m looting and using it for storage. but feel free to take whatever u want from it. 3 maps inside

also a bus sitting next to the construction site in the town of the big airffield. Plz let it stay there as i m looting vehicle parts and putting them in
Last edited by [JiF]FrenchAfroman on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Looks like the server is not remembering where you were. Keep spawning at a random spawn point.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I signed in and spawned right where I logged out last night. I wonder if it has something to do with teleporting you around yesterday?

I did read about a possible bug, if you sign out and back in rapidly you can lose inventory items and spawn someplace else. It has something to do with the database update, if you sign in before the server has updated the info bad things can happen. Not sure if this is the issue, just thought I would mention it.

I should start a new topic about server issues....
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

It actually started before the teleport. That's why we teleported :) More likely because I left and came back too quickly to clear a inventory UI bug with the bacon. Turns out the bacon is a problem too. It shows up as blank spots in your inventory. I tried to move the blanks out and crashed. The bacon graphic recently changed in DayZ from the steak to bacon model so maybe that version of Tavaina does not like bacon. Personally I love bacon and killing pigs to eat. Guess I will have to give up pork for a while. The other bug is the Vodnick. If you are anywhere near it when someone fires the mounted guns you and the gunner get script kicked :)
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

Well I got on last night. Took a while to get used to the Arma keys (took me a good 5 minutes to figure out how to talk back to Mike). Was doing fairly well I thought. Had my guy full of gear, found a nice AK even shot a few zombie's. Then I found myself in what looked like a prison camp filled with zombies....needless to say Left4Dead this is not and I am now going to have to start all over again. If my gear is with my body, then you will find it all up in a watch tower at this prison....
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Welcome. We will shamelessly loot your body :)
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

It's a lot easier if you play with someone else first to help you get a hang of things. I never saw your reply btw! You have to change the channel you reply on to "side channel" with the comma key. Then hit forward slash to bring up the chat box. Like many things in the game, it's not very intuitive.

Best thing is to get on Teamspeak so we can answer your questions. I was heading over with the helicopter to get your attention when you were killed. You signed off right after, so I couldn't help ya.

The day/night cycle follows the west coast, if you can get online a little earlier you'll be able to see much better. That "prison" you were in was probably a military base, which are very dangerous! lol

I'll be online tonight.
ImageImage
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I have found some info on those script errors. When it happens to you, please write it down (all text) and leave a message for me over at this thread.

Thanks!
ImageImage
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

So a couple of quick questions...How persistent is this game? Will I always have the same equipment when I reconnect to the JiF server that I had when I disconnected. When I disconnect, should I find cover or does my character actually leave the game. I don't want to be killed while I am not there....

n00b questions I know...
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

It is persistent, and your character does leave the game when you exit. I would suggest finding some cover before you exit though, you never know what, or who, will be around when you sign back in!
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Expect the unexpected and hope your stuff is still there. As with everything Arma it is a bug in progress :)
Ya I always hide. There is a certain time when you show back up in the game that you can be seen and can't move yet. Find a nice wide pine tree and crawl under. Hiding in or on buildings can sometimes be strange. I hid on a roof once and when I spawned back in I fell right through the roof and floors and died :)
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Oh, I forgot the helo I had landed on the roof with exploded when I came back in too. Some buildings you can hide in and on fine. Don't quit out in a vehicle it can be bad. Some of us have quit out in the water on long swims without issue.

Re-spawning can be like a box of chocolates :)
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Rolling release notes for the next update. No idea when it's coming.
Community Notes:
* DayZ 1.7.7

Changes:
* [Prerequisites] New mission file downloaded from (http://www.silentspy...sion-generator/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
* [Prerequisites] Battleye filters must be updated manually by server admins.

* [NEW] - Removed annoying "re-arm" option from actions menu
* [NEW] - Added Clear ground to crash sites (http://i.imgur.com/uVDfGym.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
* [NEW] - Models and textures for mutton.
* [NEW] - Seperate meat for goats, same blood regen as mutton.
* [NEW] - Can now combine magazines.
* [NEW] - Added new loot & table for church.
* [NEW] - Added new food and drink items (only found in supermarkets).
* [NEW] - Added model for a dropped map and watch.
* [NEW] - Weapon MakarovSD (Military, Military Special).
* [NEW] - Weapon RPK_74 (Mi8 Helicrash).
* [NEW] - Vehicle Damage in Percent (With a Toolbox).
* [NEW] - 5L Fuel can takes 1 inv slot.
* [NEW] - Bigger Compass (You can see the number of degrees).
* [NEW] - Added auth retry system to make sure clients are authed before they spawn (should stop seagull issue).
* [NEW] - Added force end mission for players joining with wrong version/failed auth. (Will replace timout later).
* [NEW] - Mi8 Crash site model.

* [FIXED] - Vehicle Repair should now always work correctly.
* [FIXED] - M107 & AS50 Lock on system removed.
* [FIXED] - Humanity skin change can now change during gameplay in all directions. (No longer have to die/logout to change from hero to normal to bandit and vice versa)
* [FIXED] - StudyBody should now work
* [FIXED] - Crashsite loot should now spawn correct for all types of Crash model.
* [FIXED] - Hero Skin teleport issue.
* [FIXED] - BAF Bags so they dont set on fire. :-) (no moaning it was a bug)
* [FIXED] - Updated timeout timer from 40 secs to 60 secs, Should allow lower end system to keep up. (Something went wrong, please disconnect and try again!)

* [UPDATED] - Reset action alert of zeds, Zeds hearing from actions is now reset back to 1.7.5.1 - M107_DZ Zed pull range 450 meters (Max sight/hearing from movement forced to 80 meters)
* [UPDATED] - Updated rabbit to drop 2 raw food items. Lowered hp gain to Raw - 200 each / Cooked - 800 each.
* [UPDATED] - Moved anti teleport system to mission. Server admins can choose to enable/disable. (See prerequisites)
* [UPDATED] - M107 lowered chance in loot tables.
* [UPDATED] - AS50 lowered chance in loot tables.
* [UPDTAED] - ALL loot table weights have been updated/rebalanced.
* [UPDATED] - Updated Czech, German, Spanish, French and Russian stringtable.
* [UPDATED] - CrashSite Loot should now represent each type of model more. (("MilitaryWEST","HeliCrashWEST") Two new crash site loot tables)
* [UPDATED] - Zed spawn timer to 5 mins from 2 mins this should allow an area to be cleared of zeds before more spawn.
* [UPDATED] - Readded Save option to tent and vehilces this is a fail save option. (Due to a small amount of servers reporting issues with tents saving. With no info for us to recreate we readded this option to save tents/vehilces)
* [UPDATED] - Zed generate system. Should stop zeds spawning in veiw of players then being deleted
* [UPDATED] - Zeds overall dmg has been updated per hit/per zed (Max possible dmg = body 600, Legs 100, Hands 50, Head 1200)
* [UPDATED] - Bleed from zed attacks will now only happen if the initial dmg is above 0.7 or the zed gives a head shot. (should reduce the amount of bandages needed)
* [UPDATED] - Zeds knocking players unconscious now has a 50/50 chance if dmg multipier is aboue > 0.8
* [UPDATED] - When unconscious all dmg is lowed to 50 blood for each hit zeds do no matter the part they hit. (Should allow some surviabilty)
* [UPDATED] - Zeds sight and sound chance has been readded so there is a chance they can ignore you.
* [UPDATED] - Sight and sound rebalanced to make them a little more even from movement.
* [UPDATED] - Call extension calls for vehilce dmg
* [UPDATED] - Zeds will no longer spawn for air vehilces.
* [UPDATED] - Hunters loot table adjested with more weapons.

* [REMOVED] - Wild spawning zeds. (Zeds spawning in forest areas will be added next patch)
* [REMOVED] - Zeds can now push players to the ground when attacked from behind.

Zed knock down removed due to transition issue with animations working on this for the next patch. (Code left in just commented out)
ImageImage
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

hmm... it may be possible to integrate our peanuts into DayZ and come up with a system to use them. That would be kinda fun!

10000 peanuts for a can of baked beans. lol ;)
ImageImage
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

http://development.dayztaviana.com/stat ... Points.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.