Thought I'd step by and see how everything is going

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Thought I'd step by and see how everything is going

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

Hey guys!

I was chatting with a guy I know about how internet is a good source to learn English from, so I visited jiff.net and checked my older posts for comparison, then I started watching the old clan videos and I felt really nostalgic. Thought about how much fun I've had with you guys and I really missed the old days. So now I figured I should write a post about how I'm doing and also check how [JiF] is doing :D

I still have the neuro-immune disorder that I talked a bit about a couple years ago. I started at a new school and it seemed to be going well, but I got a lot worse when winter came around. We later on found a lot of the Bartonella bacteria in my blood and it is apparently a type of bacteria that spreads in the blood and closes itself in cycles, so we've missed it in blood tests before. It seems to be spreading at winter, which is why I feel worse around then. I missed 40% of eight grade and 60% of 9th grade. Winter and spring of 9th grade was the worst part of my life. I felt really ill, an hour on the computer and I had to lay down and relax/sleep (this was with no school or any activity whatsoever). At spring I started on anti-biotics that made me really nauseous and dizzy. One time I even had to throw up because of it. I used the anti-biotic for 4 months and now I'm using a different type of medicine that helps destroying the Bartonella.

It's now the start of 10th grade and I feel a lot better, I go to about 50% of school atm, I think I can do more, but we're waiting for winter to see if I get worse then like I have the last years or if the anti-biotics have helped. I've started working out a bit and I just feel pretty happy nowadays. I feel like this disease has made me a lot stronger and given me a lot more confidence.

I'm still playing guitar, started learning Asturias about 3 weeks ago, practiced a couple hours a day and now I almost master it. Probably just another week or two till I'm confident enough to upload it to Youtube :D I'm planning on playing it at the audition for the music school I want to start at.

Gaming-wise I mostly play League of Legends and I joined a LoL team there. I would say I'm pretty good at the game :P I play some Black Mesa on the side, maybe some GW2 (VERY casually). Other than that I listen to music, dream about Emma Stone or procrastinate on Reddit.

I don't think I will play BF1942. Despite all the fun I've had and how much I miss it, I think I've gotten bored of it. Also I'd have to go through the effort of getting it to work perfectly on Win7, getting that Punkbuster file that isn't officially available and dealing with the poor resolution. However I might drop in on Teamspeak one day :)

How are you all doing? What games are you playing nowadays?

Also, WT, you promised me a beer when I turned 18. 3 years to go :3
Last edited by [JiF]Cesar on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Re: Thought I'd step by and see how everything is going

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

Always good to hear from you Cesar! Hope this is a better winter for you and keep your spirits up.
Day Z seems to be the latest game taking a lot of interest (it is a Zombie survival game based on Arma). That and BF3 and a few MMO games are where most are at. And of course BF42!
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Thanks for dropping in. It is always good to hear from old friends. Hope your health continues to get better. Let us know when you post your guitar video on YouTube.

Tissue
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]BloodGod
Forum User

Post by [JiF]BloodGod »

Hi my friend, I also have missed the Good Ole Days fighting with you on BF42.
I hope this winter is easier on you, and I really want to see your U-Tube vid. when you post it.

I wish you all the best my friend, and please stay in touch with us.

Your Friend Always BloodGod :)
Last edited by [JiF]BloodGod on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
We all have our time to die.....yours just happens to be now

[JiF]Top321us
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Top321us »

Cesar,
So glad to hear from you, I miss gaming with you on BF42.
Glad to hear that you may have found something to help you feel better. These auto-immune/neurological diseases are difficult to deal with. Mine also fires up more in the winter time, needless to say I really need to move to a warmer climate.

Stay in touch and if you get bored get bf42 running. Some of us are rather immersed in DDO but I still try to get an hour or two in of BF now and then.

You take care and keep in touch
Mike (aka Top)
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Cesar, great to hear from you again. :viva:
I always think of the regulars that I have played with in the past and have slipped away . So it's nice when one of them comes back, even if it's just to say hello I'm still around.
I hope the new meds give you a better winter & you still have the desire to work out & play that guitar. I envy people that can play instruments, I love music & would like to be able to pick something up & create a beautiful sound, but that's not what I was cut out for. I excel on the sports field (still at my age!!) & we can't have everything.
I wish you well & just ask you drop by from time to time to give us a heads up on how you are.
Oh & your English is coming along just fine, no worries on that front!! :thumbup:
[JiF]rix
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rix »

Hey Cesar!
Good to hear from u.
I missed you in game there for a while. I've switched to BF2 but haven't been able to play since April 16 when my daughter (second child) was born.
Hoping your getting well
/rix
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

Hi. Uhm, I was planning on responding a lot earlier because I though I would post the video of Asturias a lot earlier and figured I'd respond and post it at the same time. But I kept delaying it and had a class trip to Berlin, and then I had a lot of tests for a couple weeks at school. However I finally managed to record and upload it so here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=octgUQLc ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And thanks for all the good wishes :)
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

u went to berlin and didnt stop by to say hello???? i would have invited you to drink a beer or two
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]Daterminaytah
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Daterminaytah »

great hearing you play cesar . nice work ... heres some of my material ... not finished work
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15290195/Shoot ... 0stars.wma" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15290195/Crawl ... bottle.wma" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15290195/Sing% ... melody.wma" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dater
[JiF]pop51
Forum User

Post by [JiF]pop51 »

Good to hear from you hope you have a good winter
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Very nice, Cesar. I'm just starting to learn finger style now. It's been slow going for these old fingers. Don't think I'll ever be able to play like you are playing.

Tissue
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Dater,

Crawling out of the bottle was my favorite of the three. Did you play all the instruments? I've done some multiple track recording using a keyboard to add in strings, drums, etc.

I just got a multi-track recording program for my iPad (Harmonic Dog DAW). I've only recorded one song using the iPad mic and am impressed with the quality. It was just me singing while playing guitar on the same track. Then I can easily convert the file to an mp4a format and email it or store it in iTunes. This will be much easier than going down to my basement 'studio' and fooling with that setup recording on a PC. I'll have to try a multi-track recording soon.

Thanks for sharing your work.

Tissue
[JiF]Daterminaytah
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Daterminaytah »

yeah tissue its all me on all instruments... no practice .. just throwing tracks down to get whats in my head on tape so i can move onto other material .. i have a complete recording studio and a protools setup with 2 hd1080p camcorders for video also all only for a hobby and personal satisfaction, i enjoy playing so i dont want a job at it :)

Dater

PS post more videos when they come available please cesar
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

[JiF]Cesar wrote:Hey guys!

.. then I started watching the old clan videos and I felt really nostalgic. Thought about how much fun I've had with you guys and I really missed the old days. So now I figured I should write a post about how I'm doing and also check how [JiF] is doing :D
...Also, WT, you promised me a beer when I turned 18. 3 years to go :3
Nice to hear from you Cesar. I haven't logged into the forums for a while, so sorry for late reply. I haven't played BF42 for a while and today out of the blue I decided to get on the server and bumped into a lot of Jiffers and some 36th guys. Made me miss the old days, I understand your nostalgia. I wish you all the best for the future, my friend, and we're still on for those beers in 3 years time!

Rich.