BF 1942

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]major confusion
Forum User

Re: BF 1942

Post by [JiF]major confusion »

A day or two of BG42 would not have killed the server. There were a few of us die-hards who looked forward to playing every Monday and Tuesday. :x :x :x :evil:
"You can't say civilization isn't advancing; in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers
Image[url=steam://friends/add/'.76561198080391609.']Image[/url]
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

Major:

We are also in the same position with BG42 that we are with EoD = behind the current release on the server.
Players that upgrade to the most current can't play on our server.

Shell and Mike are currently unavailable and I don't have the ability to perform the upgrades.

Let's see how this all BF42 trial goes and when they become available again.

Brick
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

Major

The server was / is getting a very low amount of players on it and it's a good idea to see if it's because of the rotation of Vanilla, BG42 and EOD all in one week. It's just a trial to see if it attracts more people or not and it seems to be working (Thank you Brick for setting it up to see if it works). I'm sure there are other servers that have BG42 and EOD if you have the itch to play those. It would be nice to see the JiF server fill up with real people instead of Bots again.
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Sorry about the problems upgrading the server files. I have not been at home for over two weeks and am traveling today. I hope to make some progress resolving this tonight.

Thanks for your patience as we get this all sorted out. Worst case it might have to wait until early next week when I get home.

Tissue
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]Top321us
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Top321us »

How about a compromise. I am with Major. I like the BG maps and when I have a chance to get on the server those are what I usually play. I do however, also enjoy playing with real people over the bots so if running the BF maps does this I am for that.

Since I am an admin I have the choice of either playing BF if the server is populated with real folks or changing the server to a BG map if it is empty.

Is Major also an admin? If not I would say lets make him one. That way if he is in the mood for BG and the server is empty or all agrees he can load a BG map.

This way we can see how the server population goes as well as let a great member of JiF enjoy the time he gets to game.
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

Major is an admin.

We still have the issue of being behind on the current server release.
Tissueman is helping me to resolve that.
[JiF]DaftGeordie
Forum User

Post by [JiF]DaftGeordie »

I for one think it's a bad idea to say if someones an admin then they can change the whole map rotation for what?...... maybe as long as they want to play that particular version of BF42.
I enjoyed playing BG42 and EOD but if they are not on the server then I look for a server that has whatever I want to play.
It's not being disloyal to the Jif server because if that's the case then what about evryone playing BF3 or DD.
I've seen more new names this last week than I have for a long time numbers are up as Brick said so I can't see where the problem is?
We still run Secret Weapons and Road to Rome a lot of servers.....(I say a lot there arn't many left)......dont even run these maps.
So in the mean time I still think it's ok to stay vanilla.
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

[JiF]DaftGeordie wrote:We still run Secret Weapons and Road to Rome a lot of servers.....(I say a lot there arn't many left)......dont even run these maps.
So in the mean time I still think it's ok to stay vanilla.
Daft brings up a good point. I wonder if it's possible to put the fact that the server has SW and RTR in the server name. I'm sure everyone that has BF42 has the expansions as well. Moon only has RTR thursdays and I think that's it as far as other servers as well. It might be a good way to have people click on our server if they see that we play the expansions as well.

Something like : [JiF]'s BF42 Vanilla and Expansion Maps Co-op or [JiF]'s BF42 Vanilla, SW and RTR Maps Co-op
Image Image
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

[JiF]CowHide wrote: Something like : [JiF]'s BF42 Vanilla and Expansion Maps Co-op or [JiF]'s BF42 Vanilla, SW and RTR Maps Co-op
Good Idea!

Done!
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

[JiF]Brick wrote:Done!
Cool, I'm sure you've noticed though that the R is missing on RTR. I'm assuming that it's because there isn't enough space, maybe if the " 's " is dropped on the [JiF] it will make enough room.

Cheers :)
Image Image
[JiF]major confusion
Forum User

Played 205 minutes over the course of the last three nights during prime time to help support the server & never saw another soul let alone another JiFFer. :(
"You can't say civilization isn't advancing; in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

[JiF]major confusion wrote:Played 205 minutes over the course of the last three nights during prime time to help support the server & never saw another soul let alone another JiFFer. :(
That's great! Hope you enjoyed yourself.
Image Image
[JiF]major confusion
Forum User

[JiF]CowHide wrote:
That's great! Hope you enjoyed yourself.
That's great? Nobody stopped by to play?
Will Rogers
[JiF]Alexander theGreat
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Alexander theGreat »

I have played two times this day. During the european afternoon we were five players and a few minutes ago we were three. That ist better than in the weeks before. Server rank went up from 80 to 50 on gamtraacker.

IMHO we should keep it a while as it is ...

Alex
[JiF] General WarHawk
Game Admin

Post by [JiF] General WarHawk »

I'm waiting for a PSU, and then I'll be back up and running. Part of my delay. I am dead to the world when I get home from work now. Soon as the season is over, and we're back into winter, life will resume online again.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.