Eventful Summer of Travel

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]Pvt. Harrick
Forum User

Eventful Summer of Travel

Post by [JiF]Pvt. Harrick »

Well guys, it's been a while but I've finally gotten to jump back onto the forums. Just thought I might share a bit of the locations that I traveled to over the summer:
The start of the summer was rather slow, but before long we began to travel. It was a planned trip from our home in Maryland, down the coast and to Destin Florida on the gulf. From there, we traveled along the gulf coast, through Mobile, Alabama where I got the picture of the USS Alabama) and through Mississippi until we reached Natchez, one of the two river cities; Vicksburg and Natchez. We visited family and had some fun in Natchez. I had the opportunity to fire a number of old and antique firearms, my favorite in particular was the M1 Carbine, but there were others. From there we decided on a little tour of the battlefields that were along our route. We decided we would drive up to Vicksburg, the other river city and battleground of one of the most famous sieges of the American Civil War. We toured the battlefield and even went to watch a cannon demonstration. Normally I would be the one in the ald woolen getup during the summer doing the reenacting, but this was vacation. From there we visited family in Birmingham on the way back and before long reached home via our route through Tennessee (where the picture of the Tennessee River was from). But only a week after we returned, the Drum Corps International Championships were being held in Indianapolis. We drove another 9 hours through West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Indiana to get there. I'm a bit of a drum corps fanatic so we had to go at the first chance. We arrived in Indianapolis and before long found our seats in Lucas Oil Stadium. It was a great show and it was lots of fun to hear the corps. Unfortunately summer did have to end, school and a job have caught back up with me, but before long, I'll be finished fixing my old PC, and perhaps I'll be up and playing BF3 sometime soon ;)
Attachments
the road along the Tennessee River, just below Lookout Mountain
the road along the Tennessee River, just below Lookout Mountain
boardwalk at Destin, Fl
boardwalk at Destin, Fl
USS Alabama in port at Mobile, Al
USS Alabama in port at Mobile, Al
the vicksburg bluff over the mississippi river
the vicksburg bluff over the mississippi river
photography on vicksburg battlefield
photography on vicksburg battlefield
the cannon demonstration
the cannon demonstration
the M1 Carbine
the M1 Carbine
Lucas Oil Stadium
Lucas Oil Stadium
Drum Corps International Championships
Drum Corps International Championships
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it."
[JiF]Top321us
Forum User

Re: Eventful Summer of Travel

Post by [JiF]Top321us »

Very cool. Glad you had such a good summer.