Anyone hiring?

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]major confusion
Forum User

Anyone hiring?

Post by [JiF]major confusion »

Well, on Feb 7th I went on disability to have a total knee replacement done (which, by the way, is doing great).
I go back to see the doc on the 31st and hopefully will get the ok to go back to work. Unfortunately, there is no work!
The company that I work for filed chapter 11 and is officially closing the doors to my plant. By the way, we make solar panels and I'm a quality supervisor that overseas all the lab testing of all product. Go figure!!! Green energy! The wave of the future!
Guess what? There are no guarantees. At 53 I have to start all over again and go through all the BS of finding another job. Wonderful!
But you know what? I'm not that upset. Maybe this will open the door for new opportunities. My old job was a 42 mile commute one way.
Now I have the chance to find something closer to home. I've been in manufacturing for over 25 years, and I'm a lead quality systems auditor for ISO9000, QS9000, TS16949. I've done quality trouble-shooting for 12 station integrated production lines (14 lines running at once) that looks like the engineering dept on the star ship Enterprise. Also I know steel like the back of my hand and have even been head of production, receiving and shipping for a steel service center.

Ok enough of the ranting. I'm not looking for sympathy. I'm just pointing out how things can change in a hurry and sometimes scare the hell out of you.

Oh, by the way. If you need a right hand man for running your quality dept in Grand Rapids ( I don't want to relocate), I'm your guy!

I'm heading to the north woods tomorrow for some fishing and r & r, so to those on this side of the pond, "Happy Memorial Day Weekend".
Take a momnet to stop & think about those who gave their all to keep us free!

God Bless!

Bill (Major Confusion)
military-major-cartoon.jpg
military-major-cartoon.jpg (12.43 KiB) Viewed 830 times
"You can't say civilization isn't advancing; in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers
Image[url=steam://friends/add/'.76561198080391609.']Image[/url]
[JiF]cam
Forum User

Re: Anyone hiring?

Post by [JiF]cam »

i feel your pain major[ especially the knees.] one door closes and another opens, or was that a window;]
[JiF]major confusion
Forum User

Post by [JiF]major confusion »

I love your Avatar. Is that really you???
"You can't say civilization isn't advancing; in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers
Image[url=steam://friends/add/'.76561198080391609.']Image[/url]
[JiF]cam
Forum User

Post by [JiF]cam »

yeah its me, i got my 650klr 3 years ago or so. and that was me all day. still love it and sparky is gonna put up more real picture next week.lol
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Good luck Major. Sorry to hear of your problems. We went to Art Prize a couple of years ago and liked Grand Rapids.
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

Went through the same thing 10 years ago when my textile plant closed.
I had more advance notice and was able to start my own consulting business.
Give that some thought, it sounds like you have some good experience.
A lot of companies don't want to hire right now (they are waiting to see what happens in November), but are willing to pay consultants.

Hope you find something soon, Major :thumbup: