New BF3 patch and server patch

[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

New BF3 patch and server patch

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

Have not had a chance to try the client up grade but the server has been patched. Well, I must say a lot of people are very upset (and I am too) from the latest DICE/EA patch. If you guys don't know there is a big issue with people getting there servers populated with players (the quickmatch option is not very good). Alot of admins and us included have kind of gotten around this by having a good community to play with and the ability to change the servers settings so that you can start playing with a minimum of players. I set our server to 1. Patch R9 has now hardcoded this to minimum of 4 players ( I have not had a chance to test if this is 4 in total on the server or 4 per side). They have also decreased the idle time out so that after 3 minutes of idling you will be kicked. Any changes of these will result in the server being temporarily blacklisted (the server will not show up in battlelog - even if you have it favorited). Once these changes have been put back to default your server will be visible in battlelog.

This means it will become very difficult for a while to populate the server. We have been doing very good lately but we will mostly all need to be on at once to get the server to start, then people will come....

Alot of talk on the GS forums about dropping BF3 servers as admins are getting fed up with the restrictive changes and poor support from DICE/EA.

They have now turned on the ability to change the server to an unranked server, but I do not think we want to go there....

let me know of any issues that might come up...
Gnome-father
Forum User

Re: New BF3 patch and server patch

Post by Gnome-father »

Broke the game IMO...
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

2 things besides the above that bug me is they didnt remove the constant turbulance in jets and they reduced the effectiveness of the SA18/Stinger. Really?

I was reading about the constant turbulance I get when flying straight and level comming in a slow-mod speed in a ground attack run keeps throwing off your aim. Fine if they want to make it more realistic, but the amount of turnbulance encounted is not realistic however. Neither is the fact that your lock on range(for any lock on weapon) is like 1/20th the real distance or that it takes way to many rounds with the jets chain cannon to kill any vehicle - especially the A10's

Gib.

-- Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:44 pm --

Ah, it may be this causing the Jet shaking all the time and will try this tonight.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/ ... e#17971909" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lol stop with the turbulence thing. we see turbulences, and its not that, its very different..
it feel like if you pilot was punch right in the face every 2 secs lol ( + punch is coming everytime from the right so our head move on the left) its really the feeling we get. but we are not supposed to be in the same jet than mike tyson :p

EDIT :
finaly, I MANAGE TO FIX THE BUG !!!
- Go to you router page and open the following ports :

If you are playing on PC, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300
Source : https://help.ea.com/article/online-port ... whome=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

note: forget the port 80 and 443, my router doesnt want to hear anything about those 2 and it doesnt block me anyway.. so let em closed.

Its so smooth now, mike tyson has gone away from my cockpit, it rox Its now as smooth as i was in BF2 yeeeehaaa
https://help.ea.com/article/online-port ... whome=true
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

I ran the update and have not played yet, but my favorites are empty and I can't locate the JiF server.

-- Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:22 pm --

Strange is just showed back up in the browser and in my favorites :)
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Has anyone else already done the port forwarding for bf3 with their router?
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

I don't think we did anything but turn off UPnP on the router to fix connection issues and so far everything is fine.
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

just jumped into our server quickly and it said it is waiting for 7 players...so 4 on each side..