Points Boosting

[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Points Boosting

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

Saw two guys on the server this morning that had been on for about an hour or so. they each had 38000+ points with no deaths/kills. They where on a rush map. I am not exactly sure what they where doing but I can only assume they where going through and arming/disarming m-coms and doing everything else they could do get points with out killing. As soon as a new player joined in and started playing they buggered off....

I looked at there PB screenshots and they don't appear to be cheating I don't think...just weird to have such high points with not kills/deaths.
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Re: Points Boosting

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

its the same as one of us jif explained and did the other day. on a conquest map u can take all the flags with the heli and u can unlock the first 5 items within 2 maps. SO they probably did the same with the mcoms. Arm disarm all the time been on ts together. i guess some ppl just want the upgrades without the fun of fighting for it
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]{zs}wids67
Forum User

Post by [JiF]{zs}wids67 »

Haha ah its called "padding" I have done a little myself. on the jif server. not cheating as such or at least no as far as PB is concerned.

:hihi: wids
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Im going to have to do that with the heli, great idea :)
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

It's almost not padding with the heli as they have made such a flaw with them in the game design when being attcked that you need all the help you can get.
They will patch it some day I guess!! :razz:
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtWaterboy »

I just learned the paddin concept myself.

No wonder how some of these guys were full bird colonels by day 2 of the game being released!! :evil:

It again explains why the rank up system needs to be kaboshed for the old "you are as good as you are" concept of BF1942....

LTWB
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

Technically there's nothing wrong with that, its part of the game mechanics, just dont try to make it too obvious because EA is certainly out there gunning for the hackers...

http://kotaku.com/5859102/ea-smashes-ba ... ith-relish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]{zs}wids67
Forum User

Post by [JiF]{zs}wids67 »

The Bot xp Exploit

http://youtu.be/g4YWNlrEYHw

seen kids doing this now I know why. :mad:

BUT... heard anyone found doing it will have rank reset.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

[JiF]LtWaterboy wrote: It again explains why the rank up system needs to be kaboshed for the old "you are as good as you are" concept of BF1942....
Ah, if only.

The fact that you could pick up BF42 five years after it had been released and still be on a level playing field with other players, relying on your skills rather than superiority of weapons to win is, I'm convinced, one of the reasons that it has endured for so long.

I did hear a rumour before release that DICE/EA were going to ship some modding tools after a year or so to try and reignite the popularity of the game but who knows?
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula