Maps

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]Melon Farmer
Forum User

Maps

Post by [JiF]Melon Farmer »

Does anyone mind if I put in a mix of BF & BG maps?
Folks really love the BG maps and I'd like to mix them in on a daily basis. Thanx, and I'm looking forward to some feedback.
Incoming fire has the right of way!

[JiF]Top321us
Forum User

Re: Maps

Post by [JiF]Top321us »

I like that idea. I like the bg maps myself
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Like you Melon I love the bg42 maps and particularly since brick has modified the bg42 rotation.
I don't know if you are aware of the BF/BG Map team setup by Mike some time ago consisting of Gib,Brick and myself and tasked with setting and maintaining the map rotations
but it's probably a goo idea for you to take a peek at the posts regarding this.

One of the first things that the map team discussed was the very idea that you have posted here of mixing and matching BF/BG 42 in the same daily rotation.
After much discussion we decided not to implment this as we all felt that it would frustrate players who joined in for say BF42 then being kicked when a BG map loaded and they didn't have BG installed.
The other side of the coin is that BG lovers would perhaps also get frustrated when they are happily going along playing BG42 and then a vanilla BF42 map gets loaded.

The map team wanted to cater for all preferences in a fair manner which is why we opted to continue with the two BG42 days and the rest of the week being BF42.
Having said all that I think that you make a valid point about BG42 being loved by a lot of players (myself included) and I think that there is a strong case for adding an extra day or two of BG42 to cater for this interest.

My own personal view remains the same about mixing BF/BG 42 in the same rotation , I am still not in favour of this for the reasons previously mentioned.
Like you Melon I am very interested to see the opinions of others on this.

Shell

(On Behalf of Map Team - Gib,Brick,Shell)

:)
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked wrote: My own personal view remains the same about mixing BF/BG 42 in the same rotation , I am still not in favour of this for the reasons previously mentioned.
Like you Melon I am very interested to see the opinions of others on this.
I agree with Shell on this.
When we mixed the custom maps with the vanilla ones and our numbers went down.
I think "mixing" would hurt our participation.

I am all for adding another Day to the 42 schedule (perhaps Sunday or Wednesday?).

When I recently changed the BG42 rotation, I purposely excluded re-makes of the vanilla 42 maps.
If you want any of them added back or any of the other new ones added to the regular rotation, speak up.

Another thing we discussed was adding and EOD (Eve of Destruction) day.
If you have not tried that mod, you should.

I don't think I'ill be playing BF3 anytime soon. Don't have the Video card or the time necessary :oops:
See you on the 42 Battlefield :shoot:
[JiF]Melon Farmer
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Melon Farmer »

I vote for Sunday, if it will fly with everyone. That would give us a day off to play on. This feedback was why I asked, as I was not aware of your prior discussion.
Incoming fire has the right of way!

[JiF]major confusion
Forum User

Post by [JiF]major confusion »

I completeley support Melon on the Sunday idea. To me it seems there are more players when we have the BG42 maps going.
"You can't say civilization isn't advancing; in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers
Image[url=steam://friends/add/'.76561198080391609.']Image[/url]
[JiF]curtis
Forum User

Post by [JiF]curtis »

i also agree with shell & brick, mixing the maps is no good as we´ve seen but hey: just took a look at the EOD Mod, wowwww this looks cool brick, thanks for the hint,- going to download them immediately!!! why not make 2 days bg & 1 day EOD???
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

If you put EOD in the rotation then I will definitely have to come and play - I love this mod
Unfortunately I really dislike BG, but that could be because I haven't really given it a lot of time.

Check out the Armageddon map for EOD
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

EoD is soooo cool the gameplay is fast n furios and they even play 60's music.
We need some more people to request EoD so we can have an EoD day or two and we get Zouga back!

So far we have for EoD

brick
zouga
curtis ?
Shell

Also lets go ahead and make Sunday a BG day

[JiF]curtis
Forum User

Post by [JiF]curtis »

count me in for sure, love it & they also got these nice playmate-covers at some bases:))
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

I love screaming down in an F4 and napalming a load of Charlie and NVA as they surround a base - almost as good as watching the end of Platoon for the 29th time
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Um, EOD is....?

And where do you get it?
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Stinky you have played Eve Of Destruction (EOD) with Gib and me I seem to remember :?
[JiF]cam
Forum User

Post by [JiF]cam »

I aint sure what eod is, but wifey can get it,as far as sunday bg i would go for that. My time schedule and connection have to do with when i play and alot of times it is when no one else is on. I do agree with not mixing maps , unless u post it for the day. It is yalls room, and if u post it on the join up, like bg extened on tuesday, then they would no when they joined a map they like or have and it ended, they might not have the next map. And they would probly do what i did and go get them if their having fun.
:cool: cam