Is your system ready for BF3?

A place to talk about games in general
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Is your system ready for BF3?

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Tekzilla did a spot about the specs for BF3. The link below will take you right to the section of the video.

http://revision3.com/tekzilla/battlefie ... lefield-3-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImage
[JiF]Top321us
Forum User

Re: Is your system ready for BF3?

Post by [JiF]Top321us »

Ouch!
Looks like a new rig is in order, just not sure when.
Time to start pricing on newegg!
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33 + 460 GTX OC = Paris is very playable (settings on High) but you can tell it could do with a bit more to run more smooth. I only got to play Caspian for about 5 min each twice and it didn't do very well, wish they beta'd it full time so I could test it more as it might have just been the servers because I heard there was a lot of lag on all Caspian servers.

So I was a little surprised that it ran half descent on 2 cores, but if you can you should get 4 cores. I doubt it needs it to be a high mhz one or need it to be insanely overclocked.
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]Doc
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Doc »

Did some benchmarking on the first area of the beta map. ( Largest open area, more stress on the system then the other areas)

1680 x 1050 resolution

Ultra 4xAA x16AF - 37 FPS

Ultra no AA or AF - 53 FPS

High 4xAA x16AF - 36 FPS

High no AA or AF - 58 FPS

I used FRAPS to get the benchmarks so there not extremely accurate. Each round lasted 10-15 minutes but every round varys depending on amount of explosions, gunfire etc. I will have to take some pictures to see the difference between High and Ultra quality, so far they look the same. The anisotropic filtering (AF) does not seem to lower the framerate much but the anti aliasing (AA) sure does.

I tried to capture as much of the action as possible to give a better frame rate under load. Outside of the fighting areas I would see framerates above 60 into the low 100's. Inside the metro station the framerates stayed much higher around 70-80 without AA.
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

I'm pretty sure that Ultra isn't in the Beta (which is why there's not much diff between fps High/Ultra). I think there's some seperate program to download to get Ultra. But the developers said there will be a big improvement to graphics when released. I think they kept the graphics and a certain area so it doesn't complicate the beta. And also beta is DX10 not DX11 like in final release.
Attachments
bfjif.jpg
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]Doc
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Doc »

Doh I forgot that its only dx10! Should look great in dx11 but that may mean lower performance :?
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Here's a starter guide from NVidia on the graphics settings. It says they are going to go in to more depth in the coming weeks

http://uk.geforce.com/optimise/guides/b ... ance-guide